Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Marlton
I was diagnosed with ALS in July of this year. Since then I've acquired a stairlift and a walker and bars around one of our toilets. Ive been determined to continue with my normal life as long as I can.

I attended an ALS clinic this morning and the bad news is that I am getting a feeding tube as soon as I get back from a trip to Australia and a cruise around New Zealand. MY speech is horrible and I am going to get an Ipad and software within the next few days.

It took six days to be admitted to this forum. Does it always take that long?

I'm looking forward to conversing with you all.:p

Welcome, I have bulbar als too. You'll find answers here along with compassion and friendship.

Sorry you have to be here, but welcome to this wonderful sight. Ask questions, rant and rave, laugh and cry with all of us.

Sorry you have to be here, but welcome to this wonderful site. Ask ?s, rant, rave, laugh and cry with all of us.

Sorry double post! Fat fingers I guess.

Hi Gail.
I am Felica. Just got on this site as well. Like you it took 6 days to get the e-mail . I was diagnosed in June of this year 2011. Mine started with bulbar palsy. I had the peg tube put in last month. The first few days were bad. But now I would do it again. I cannot swallow at all. You have a wonderful time
God send
Felica

Welcome to you both.

Hi Gail and Felicia, so sorry about your D X. All the folks here are truley Loving, kind and compassionate. Feel free to ask all the questions you need or just rant and rave if needed. We are all here for each other on this journey. Hugs to both of you.

Welcome to our family! The e-mail message notices have been down for quite awhile and none of us was getting notices from the forum. It just got fixed yesterday I believe. Sorry you had to wait so long. Again, welcome!

Welcome, Gail & Felicia -
We're all here for each other. Got my feeding tube 2 wks ago, can swallow but not really chew, or talk. Tough, for sure! My iPad is great for now though my arm tires quickly. We'll take what lifelines we can get, and each day.
With you,
Sue

Thank you for all of the welcomes. I can still eat, but have hard time swallowing pills.

I'm glad? to hear that others had trouble getting in here. But I'm here now and hope to take an active part in the forum.

Welcome Gail, you should see Aly when you're in New Zealand! She just came all that way to Boston for a visit...

Sounds like you're making sure that you get the stuff in before you need it, that's a good thing. The diagnosis sucks, but the people here are great, and you'll learn more than you do from the docs.

Welcome to you as well Felicia! Both of you should look for the Come for Tea thread when you just want to have a lighter moment.

Helen

Welcome! Sorry that you need to be here but hopefully you will find what you are the love, support, friendships you are looking for and need in at this time! Sending some hugs and hope you are doing as well as possible!

Manda

Welcome Gail and felicia..sorry you are both here, but you will find friendship and help here. along with a few laughs, and cries..

Welcome to the forum ladies. Gail, have a safe and fun filled trip! You'll find a wealth of information to help you deal with just about anything that comes up. The people here are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back