Country
th
State
phuket
City
patong
i can only exhale through my mouth so I guess it is time for a bipap
trilogy do not answer my email though

I have gone directly to bipap, sorry I cant help. I cant sleep without it my oxygen gets down to 51% without it.

lostin, I just got swithched from cpap to bipap, My pulm. doctor( knows nothing about Als) didnt think it was necessary yet. The bipap is the only way to go i went from fighting the cpap for a few hours a night to wearing the bipap all night comfortably. my primary care dr. wrote the script since the pulm. dr didnt want to. good luck

i can only exhale through my mouth so I guess it is time for a bipap
trilogy do not answer my email though

lostin,

BiPAP has nothing to do with whether or not you exhale through your mouth. What gave you that idea?

Go back to the previous post you made about CPAP and BiPAP and read the responses that you were given there. CPAP is not recommended for people suffering from hypoventilation caused by neuromuscular weakness. Your body is not able to adapt to the constant pressure of the CPAP as a normal person's body would, so the CPAP causes your respiratory muscles to work harder. That's not a good thing for someone who has respiratory problems caused by ALS.

The Trilogy machines are quite new and very expensive, and they probably aren't available in your part of the world. BiPAPs and VPAPs (the designation for variable pressure machines not manufactured by Philips Respironics, the company that owns the BiPAP trademark) very likely are available in your part of the world, especially in Japan or the ANZ countries.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back