Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello to all my friends, just wanted to take the occasion of my 4000 th post to celebrate some anniversaries. It's been almost three years since I joined this forum (Nov18 ) and it's been two years since I last ate solid food and a year since I started a throat clearing regime designed to keep me breathing without a trache tube. As you can imagine none of these things have been easy, even being on this forum has brought me tears as I mourn the loss of too many friends.

Thank you to everyone here, you do make a difference and if I can help anyone then it makes me feel as if I still have a purpose.

Barry

Barry, I'll toast to your 4000th post, and drink your share too! The honesty of your posts and your sense of humor have touched me time and time again. I am using your example to encourage and inspire Gary to give it all he has to live with the beast called ALS. Congratulations on your many anniversaries and attaining your newest title!

My thanks to you Barry for your courage and your clear thinking.

Barry you still have a purpose, and I for one am glad it is here....Since you are bulbar, could you pm me your breathing regime, could be something to help Bruce. Thanks!

Barry,

Conrats and thank you. You have no idea how much you helped me and my mom when we were new to this. She loved your sense of humor and she was very inspired by you.
You are very special to all of us here and we thank you for everything.

Dana

Barry ahead and feel like you have a purpose because you have helped me. Congratulations on the 4000th I cant wait for the next 4000.

Hi Barry,
You have done a good job helping everyone for sure!Think you should go for 10,000 post,would keep you busy and us informed,what have they been doing to you throat,I must have missed that.So are your plans to have a wild wild party tonight,fill the tube with beer!LOL Have a good day--------------------------------Ken

Barry here's to 4000 more posts from you! Thank you for teaching us all how to deal with this awful disease with grace and dignity.

Hi Barry,
Love your humor. Your posts were the first I read when I came here. As a fellow Bulbarian could you give us your hints for throat clearing?
One reason I'm at this forum is because of all the great advice and hints I don't get from my neuro.
Thanks!
Susan

Barry,

You are one of those people who makes this forum what it is. Love your sense of humor and your compassion. Keep posting and keep making anniversaries.

-Tom

Lord, Barry, there is no doubt you still have purpose! And not just to us, here! You're definitely in the top 10 round here!

Congrats on 4000! I always look forward to anything you have to say on this forum. Thank you for being here! I look forward to seeing many more posts from you. :)

PS- I just got the "Buzzard Status!" LOL I'm a little slow today.

You do have a purpose, and you've helped so many people on this forum!

Barry you sure do make a difference in my life. I read your posts and smile at your humor, or find that I am in a "oh wow"moment when you explain something that makes my life easier.

Funny thing happened today while I was talking to a friend. She has had her own medical problems and the business they owned recently closed because of the economic climate. We both sat and asked one another "what is our purpose now"? Then I came on the forum and read your post -- we are all here for a reason and that is to share with one another.

I am working on a life journal and at the present time the introduction is geared toward the people who have made my life worth while. Of course, my husband and my family were at the top of the list along with some school chums that still stay in touch with me. And then there is the forum family with you being a leader in that. I really think you and Ann are what keep me going.(Oh, and the people at the tea table, and the pub!)

Stay strong, and stay in touch, we all need your knowledge and humor!

Hugs, filled with laughter and love wrapped in chocolate!

Barry,

Congratulations on 4000! You definitely are a huge help to all of us. I knew this before I ever revealed myself by joining the forum. Then within minutes of writing my first thread, you and Ann were the first ones to officially welcome me to the club no one wants to join.
Thanks for providing such a good example of dealing with als using as much humor as possible!

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back