Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
HI
City
Hilo
Has anyone tried Tizanidine for spasms in mouth?

I've never heard of it, but looked it up and it looks like a very strong muscle relaxant. It might put your tongue out of commission. I dunno.

Be careful!

I have been taking it for a few months to reduce leg spasms. I think it helps somewhat. Haven't noticed any side effects.

I have been on tizanidine and baclofen for a few years. I take them at night for leg spasms and helps me get to sleep. Can't take during the day as I fall asleep at work :) I haven't had any side effects either other than being tired. I went to my neuro a few weeks back and she will be setting up the trial for the pump. Hopefully this will help so I don't have to take so many meds and will reduce the fatigue. We will see.

I've been on it for a while and haven't had any side effects other than tiredness as well. I'm actually in the process of tapering off (under doctor's guidance) to see if it is still helping at all.

I have the baclofin pump and take Tizanidine at night for leg cramps. Been on both for 3 years with no problems.

Thanks for the information.

Mahealani

Whitsend,

Love the cat!

Mahealani,

I have been taking tizanidine HCL 2 mg 2 times a day for several months with no side effects. I also take baclofen, soma, flexeril and klonopin. I still have the muscle spasms and unfortunately I now have contractures in 1 hand and 1 foot. Opposite sides but the other foot is starting.

I hope you find your drug of choice! Let us know when you do.

Living with no heart,

Kimberly

I've used it, too. It's much more sedating than Baclofen is for me-and it doesn't work nearly as well for the spasms I have in my hands and legs.

It comes in various doses---but I don't like it at all personally. My last bottle is still sitting half full in my pill drawer.

Aloha! I used tizanidine at night for my cramps. I can stretch most of them out during the day. Once in a while I take one tablet during the day. It makes me pretty sleepy and lowers my already low blood pressure. But it is the generic baclofen and cheap, so if the doctor says okay, maybe try?

From one kaamaina to another
Mahalo
Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back