Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
Hello folks, I just want to extend an opportunity I had to record my voice through a company that has you use the phone and a pin number....I did all of my sentences for dynavox and told some of my life history all on the phone. The quality of the recording is fantastic. I downloaded them into my computer and transfered them to dynavox. It was so simple to do and I could do the recording anytime I wanted to. The recordings were made into wav files.

So If anyone is interested, pm me and I will give you the email and phone number. Also, those of you who can still talk, dont wait until bulbar sets in...do the recordings now while you can zip through them easily....I waited too long and it was a real struggle to get the sentences out....one mom who has ALS recorded storybooks so she could still share them with her children...;)

I sent you a PM. Sounds like a great idea that I would love to pass along to my Dad.

This is great news! I am interested also. I will PM you to get the name, Thanks so much...:)

Nice tip Sequoia. I am curious if you found the built in Windows recorder too cumbersome or some other reason you liked the phone approach better.

BrianD, I just checked my computer and found my voice recorder, tried it and it works. Thanks for that tip also.

I had all kinds of trouble with windows on my laptop....headset didnt work too good...wasnt loud enough. The great part about the telephone is that John does all the editing and makes the sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back