Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
PA
City
McKeesport
Yep tomorrow is my 59th BD and diagnosis today was ALS though doc is still hedging his bet with probable.

You all here have been a great help already and a virtual shoulder to cry on. I've been prepared for awhile for the ALS diagnosis & I think I'm moving on out of the funk to acceptance and planning next phase of my new life. I'm sure there will be sunny days, rainy days, stormy days & nights and moonlit nights. I'm searching for a new assisted living home & will be moving out of my home for 58 years. I am a little scared without family & a caregiver. But then I'd have never gotten to 5th dan black belt without beating back fear. Now I have to find & tap into my inner strength.

I'm sure I will continue to find help & solace here. I already knew a lot of what to ask from here & I'm sure I have a lot more to ask where you all will help. And I will try to help as I can as well.

I'll be leaving my job in a couple of weeks so I will spend more time at tea time.

I don't want to be in this friggin club but here I am.

Rita

Last edited:
Rita,

Hey shuga pie... well Happy Birthday tomorrow. I am going to hit the knees in a few minutes to pray, so I am covering you also. My sis was slam dunked with the ALS diagnosis in May of this year. Sounds like you are coping and preparing which are good things. You never have to be afraid by yourself. So many of us here share that as you well know. Any time you need one of us, someone will be here. I never intend to leave this forum. God put me here to help and to send His love and comfort, so friend me. You and I are the same age, so share with me anytime. Love to you,

Kaye

Happy Birthday Rita,
Wish you had better news,we are all here to help you.This site has helped me so much,we are all brothers and sisters and care for each other.--------------Hugs Ken

I am so sorry Rita...no one wants to be here, but I sure am glad we all have each other...

So sorry you had to join the ALS Club. Try to have a great birthday tomorrow. Do something special, something memorable. Sending you positive thoughts and strength. Yasmin

Sorry you had to join the PALS club. I had a similar experience when I was told ALS Diagnosis 5 days before my 23rd birthday...devastating to say the least. Please feel welcome to ask questions, rants, raves, concerns, happy days and sad days...they are all important and we can help you through them. Happy Birthday tomorrow as well...as hard as it may be...maybe your birthday tomorrow will help you to the new chapter in your life that is coming. I wish you the best and please keep us updated.

Stick with us Rita. We are all in this together.
One thing I do every morning. It's silly but works for me. I think of one positive thing I can still do.

Welcome to the club nobody wants to join. As you already know you are received with love and covered in prayers. Happy birthday, make it a special one.
Blessings,
Linda

Happy Birthday Rita!
No one wants to be here... but if you have ALS.. this is the "safe" place to ask questions and find friends!

So sorry, Rita. I freaking hate ALS! Lifting you up in prayer, as well as the others on here who are PALS and CALS.

Rita, this is the best place to hang out...birthdays included. You're obviously a pragmatic person, by getting your home needs figured out, and by realizing the Tea thread is mostly upbeat, and always supportive. On this thread I see good advice from a lot of folks I count on. Have fun on your birthday, and know you're getting prayed for and loved.
Ann xoxo

Happy Birthday Rita but sorry for your diagnosis.

AL.

Rita, Have a good birthday. You sound like you have your feet firmly planted on the ground and that's a good thing. I'm sorry you have cause to be here but glad you found us Dear One. I wish you God's comfort and protection. We are blessed even though it's hard to see sometimes.
Love,
Marta

Last edited:
Thanks all. Been holding up well till work friends stop in office, or I read emails of support, or read your messages of support, then the tears flow.

Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back