Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
One year ago today the doctor confirmed what I had come to suspect and my prayer life had prepaed me to accept. Living with ALS, today I choose to focus not on what I've lost, but on all that I've gained~ a closer walk with my Jesus, many new friends, appreciation for the simple things, annd the outpouring of love and support from family and friends. Thanks for all you have done to help

Being prepared, Kevin... Well done. So is focus on the gain. I pray this never changes all the way home, and pray the same for myself.

Your attitude and faith will serve you well. Faith is a funny thing, we are not necessarily born with it but it is available to everyone. Like any relationship the more time you spend developing and nurturing it the stronger that relationship is. God is always there for is even when we are not there for him.

Thanks for reminding everyone the importance of keeping the faith.

one year today tomorrow for me

kevin, congratulations on keeping your eyes on the gifts and not what you have lost. I try to make a list of what I can still do and be grateful each day, but if it goes, I will just look deeper for the things that matter: like family and friends, being able to love and be loved...nothing can take this away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back