Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
MA
City
Watertown
Good morning ... I have what might be a very simple and silly question.

Of late, I'll wake up during the night or even in the morning and find my right hand "asleep" ... I just shake it/move it and it "wakes up" ... much like what everyone experiences with their legs, etc.

My symptoms thus far are mostly with my left arm/hand (which is my dominant hand). Is this "asleep" thing with my right hand a sign that this hand/arm might be failing? I had never experienced this before.

Thank you for your help.

It seems like there have been others who posted about this, but I'm not sure what the consensus was. It would make sense that it is somehow connected, if the arm is the same one that showed signs of weakness first.

Maybe its a good time to start thinking about a really great mattress. Many of us have the tempurpedic, or the Canadian comparable brand. If you do a forum search, GlenBrittle started a thread about mattresses which got a lot of good feedback. There are several other discussions as well. I tell you what, I have the adjustable version, and it is absolutely one of the best choices I've ever made (in the MND arena anyway) That, and a bidet seat for the toilet. Both of these things are also something your wife can enjoy, and, as many things ALS related are just for the PALS, its nice to find some sort of silver lining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back