11/2010
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
Hi All,
Thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes. My heart is full from all the love and support from my friends here on the forum.
My surgery went well. My breathing was not a problem at all. Apparently I was an interesting case for my surgeon. My stomach is in a weird location just below my belly button. The surgeon spent a great deal of time trying to find a good place to put the PEG. He told me he had to work with what I gave him. Ha! My PEG is placed right below my belly button. Because of it's location I was in the hospital for 3 days to watch for complications and manage the pain. I have a very kind doctor and he was really good to me. Morphine kept me comfortable and I had no problem transitioning and managing the discomfort with Ibuprofen when I got home.
For those of you who have not had the surgery don't be afraid to do it. Everyone at the hospital said this is normally an outpatient procedure and easily tolerated. I just have weird anatomy.
Blessings,
Linda

Linda, I'm so glad that it's over with and you're feeling better! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Linda,
So happy all went well with the procedure and you are home and comfortable! Stay well and have a wonderful day! ((HUGS))

Linda so very glad that yours went so well, Now hopefully Bruce's will when we get it done. Now you take care of yourself...

Yay Linda! You give me courage! I'm so glad it went well for you. Keep us posted.
Love, Susan

Yes keep us posted. Yours is in a very different spot!

Hi Linda,
Happy for you that everything worked,think you had the right doctor.-----------------------Hugs Ken

Linda! I'm glad you checked in Dear! Also glad you're doing well. Yes, keep us posted as to how you're doing Dear.
Love,
Marta

Happy to hear things went well.

Dana

O Linda you give me such courage as I am awaiting the rescheduling of my peg! Happy for you!

Glad you're home all safe and sound. Your stomach is below your bellybutton? Definitely strange anatomy.

They showed me my kids appendix--it's under her liver--because I was to let doctors know if she ever had upper right quadrant pain verses the standard lower right with appendix.

Weird how bodies can have things in strange places. Hope your recovery continues to be pain free and complication free!

Hey Linda, could you post about how you are doing with the peg...I am scheduled for mine on september 13th and would like to know about the pain, cleaning, things to watch out for, ect.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back