Country
th
State
phuket
City
patong
i am almost paralysed now,.

0Aug...
went out last night first time in about a month for 2 hours but it was an ordeal. my neck has gone now wearing a brace hurts and clamps my mouth shut. can't speak or move and big problems swallowing. Even with a brace I'm still looking down at the ground trying to look up at people hurts so I'm just looking at people waist down. started choking which also triggered clonus so my legs were bouncing up and down. people around me don't know I'm choking and want the neckbrace off and are concentrating on getting my legs to stop. After about 5 minutes someone realised i wanted the support off...it was a scary 5 minutes

then in bed nearly choked on a ball of phlegm. Lying flat on my back i couldn't cough and jeab helpless just wiping bits of saliva coming out. i suppose she should turn me on my side to give me a better chance? every time i got it near the top of my throat and close to spitting it out it stuck and slid back down. Every time i coughed my head went up and down which of course hurt my neck each time. eventually i think it broke up and 1/2 went into my stomach and i spat the other bit out.

may have been my last night out ever. put me a lot closer to pressing the had enough button .

dreading going to the hospital tomorrow with a carer who doesn't speak any English and me unable to talk.

ALS sucks that's all I can say!

Hey brother... really feeling for you! Do you have a suction machine and a cough assist machine? Get them! Ask BarryG about this...he's been there where you are. Definately do not lay flat on your back, but crank up the head of the bed or sleep on your side. Somewhere there was a thread on here about a new neck brace that worked better for pals....I'll try to find it for you. HANG IN THERE! we love you and want you around, if you can get comfortable. Praying for you!

I hope I copied this right: if not go to search and type in neck brace!

effective brace for als weak neck muscles
shanes brace

Go to the search above in the blue bar and type in Neck Brace...and you'll see it.

effective brace for als weak neck muscles
shanes brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back