Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Do you think it means anything if I am leaning towards adopting a female voice for my speech synthesizer?

It's just that all the available male voices sound like jerks.

I have my ModelTalker voice but I need to supplement it with a speech program with a bunch of prepared phrases.

Richard

LOL! Ehem...I think it would make a bold statement that you are secure in your masculinity and I'd admire you for it! And who wants to sound like a jerk anyway? Or, you could adopt a French accent or something hot like that. Do you have capability for accents? Could be fun!

Richard, I bet Barry has one that is not a jerk, why dont you ask him? Where are you Barry?
I know what you mean though...you do what ever makes it work for you. I like Heather, myself. Why dont you try a British voice, or a Spanish or French accent ?...lol...

I want the Barry White voice :mrgreen:

NO, not at all, Rachel, er, I mean Richard

Whatever works best, I always say. If I may suggest an Australian accent like Hugh Jackman :)

Go with what you want! I suggested a British accent (just for fun) for my husband.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had celebrity voices to choose from?

How could we make that into a fund raiser? Celebrities lending their voices to AT devices...

Barry White would be HILARIOUS! You should change it up every day. French accent one day. Italian the next. Then maybe a Yupper. Then Barry White... could have a blast!

When it comes to you having a ladies voice- well i think it fits :) LOL

That's ok, Richard, I'm already on AL's. Might as well make yours, too :D Wait, maybe that's his feeder list...can't keep up :D

Seriously, though--there was a site I tried to link that David removed--Allen has it though--that had some nice male voices, you might ask him for the link as I'm a cheeky feeder and can't post links :)

CJ, that's a good idea. They have people read books--couldn't they get them to do voices, too? Awesome idea. Would be a great idea if a celeb would do it--or even help promote the concept.

Last edited:
I wanted Darth Vader or Humphrey Bogart. They were not available. :-(

The one I looked into with a british accent sounded like James Bond. lol so you know what i had in my memory sayings Bond James Bond. lol
I started with one program that came with a british accent and a womans voice. I couldnt figure out how to change it for a few days, did I get a few laughs and strange looks. I explained I'm a cross talker.
Darth Vader would be way cool.

Sean Connery. Yummmm

While investigated the voices available for my husband, I ran across a place that did celebrity voices in the UK.

Seems like their should be a way to get this for a speech device!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back