Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
I was just diagnosed with this. I've read it is more common in ALS patients than in the general population.

It can develop into bone marrow cancer. I'm having some lumps on my thigh biopsied this week. I guess if I have cancer I will die quicker since my ALS symptoms have been progressing very slowly. I always try to look for the silver lining. Ha ha.

ive never heard of this, but I wanted to offer my support. Im sorry you are having to deal with not only the ALS beast, but now possibly cancer. Hugs to u.

I hope all goes well. Sometimes lumps are benign. Mine was.

I was just told this yesterday by my neuro who is now sending me to a hematologist. I am in the beginning of testing but was wondering about this too. My Immunoglobulin M, Qn serum came back high, with some other stuff. He said Multiple Myeloma (sp)
I wish you my best

sorry to hear you have potential cancer issues on top of als issues... I would suggest you contact American Cancer Society for help for your answers, they have a 24 hour free hotline, or go to cancer.org I used to work for them, and they have many outreach programs to help patients and their families.

Hang in there Babe! Sending good thoughts your way. xoxo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back