Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
FL
City
Niceville
I have been a lifelong sufferer of Asthma, My dad has it his Dad had it and so do I. In March after about six weeks of cramps and soreness, I awoke at 3 AM and could not breathe. My wife took me to the ER and it was discovered that I had Bi-lateral Pulmonary Embolisms. These were unprovoked, no DVTs nothing, this is when the ALS symptoms started to present more clear and eventually I was diagnosed June 7th. My questions are. 1) Has anyone else had such an episode prior to the symptom’s that may have helped pronounce the symptoms, and 2) Moving forward how drastic will my asthma affect things(the asthma is controlled now), and what influence will it have on my longevity?

With the PEs most people experience shortness of breath. I had them, too, and since I have had asthma for years, attributed the breathing to the asthma.

Hopefully they put you on something to prevent future clots? There are various causes depending in the cause of the clots. Mine were thought to be caused by a long car trip and/or my atrial fibrillation.

It is possible you had one in the leg that simply went unnoticed by you.

I can't help with your asthma affecting your ALS, as my breathing has gotten much worse, as have my o2 levels, but we are not yet sure if I have ALS or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back