Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I am working on re-awakening my muscles again after a month lay-off to let my ribs heal from damage due to a fall. Even without ALS, athropy is not your friend. I have a week to feel enlivened again before our next Yoga with Weights series of classes.

In the mean time it is always something. I don't have diaphram problems; this is related to my lungs. My allegist says that my xray is clear as read by the radiologist, so she will investigate plurisy or other autoimmune disorders. Raspy cough; asthma-like shortness of breath.

The hits never end.

BB I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know but recovery seems to take much longer being a pals. I have a rib injury and it can be debilitating. I had pneumonia in march and it took me a good month to get over the dragging a.. feeling after I was better. Work yourself back into it gradually is the only suggestion I would make.

Ouch if you have pleurisy. I've had it several times and it was extremely painful! Adults can develop reactive asthma--I didn't have it as a child at all--now, I do.

Has she suggested a lung CT? Sometimes they can pick up things that are missed on a routine X-Ray. Have they given you a prophylactic inhaler?

Back when my asthma was diagnosed, my lungs weren't nearly as bad as they are now--but it was diagnosed with a PFT with irritants meant to induce an asthma reaction. (forget the name of it, it was years ago)

Hope you feel better. I've discovered I've developed allergies to a lot of things that will now set of an asthma attack with little to no warning.

Thanks guys;

Yes, I am finding that I don't feel much the first day after, but the second day a bit sore. It does take a while to regain strength. There is kinda a first step hurdle that I am working on.

I am calling the allergist back tomorrow and hoping for some relief. My feeling is that it is allergies or asthma. So I am hoping that a simple inhaler may clear this away. It may take an antibiotic, but we shall see. What I am finding is that the allergist works within her comfort zone as does my GP. Have to talk to my GP about becoming my coach and quarterback through this ALS process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back