Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Titusville
My name is Jodi O'Donnell-Ames and I have three children- all of whom have lost a parent to ALS. I lost my husband Kevin Gerard O'Donnell in 2001 to ALS. I remarried and my husband lost his wife to ALS. He had a six and 8 year old at the time. Because I want to help the children who live with ALS, I am starting a non-profit for children of PALS called Hope Loves Company for patients in the tri-state area (initially) and need feedback. How can I help your children?

My goals are to offer a free kids' day, support group and website (which is now being created) for peer support.

I am just starting and am open to suggestion.

Thank you so much for helping me to help your families!

Jodi

What an awesome idea! Best wishes! Mine are all grown up, but I'd think a day out would be great for the kids and a nice break for the moms. Some sort of arts project where they can express their feelings might be good.

Jodi- I just wanted to commend you for doing this. You are a true angel and must have a huge heart. I thank you for being so very selfless. Very sorry for the losses in your life.

I love your idea. I have a teenager, maybe they could help or be involved in some way..

Thank you for your input. Would he or she be interested in helping? That would be great!

Wow. Thank you so much! Kind words. ALS makes us stronger and selfless.

My children were 7, 9 and 10 when parent died. There was so little to help them. I am very excited about this endeavor so please let others know. It will be open to children of patients in the tri-state area.

Best wishes.
Jodi

Art is very therapeutic so yes, good idea! Thanks for your positive feedback!

Great Great Idea.,,,we have two boys that are 7 & 9.....have been living with their Daddy having ALS since they were 2 & 4...really looking forward to your site.

My guy would be a great role model for the little guys. He is 16 and quite a nice young man..I would love to help, as would my sister...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back