Loved one DX
Country
UAE
State
DUB
City
Dubai
Hey there

I have navigation problem and walking imbalance. I sometimes feel like my leg muscles are stiff and it makes it harder to walk and subsequently I fall from time to time. I am wondering what I can do. Did you have anything similar? Do you know of an exercise I can do to help me gaining back my balance?

Regards
A

HI

First, hon, I'd suggest finding the cause of the problem. Lots of things can cause what you describe--many of which are treatable.

Take care

Hi

That's basically the problem, they can't positively diagnose me. It's some sort of MND, not positively ALS but has similar symptoms. So I am looking for general advice on regaining balance.

Thx
A

Wait...they've tested and said it's MND? In that case, why aren't they sending you to the clinics that can help with any ongoing issues? They don't have to 'nail' what MND it is to give you supportive care such as braces, etc.

If you're falling, you shouldn't be walking without a walker of some sort. I don't have any diagnosis yet--just a two neuros that think I have ALS--and they've told me not to walk anywhere without my rolling walker or scooter because I tend to fall.

Balance issues can be caused by anything from inner ear problems to weak muscles to brain tumors....LOTS of things...they need to find the problem to know where to go in treatment, but means to keep you safe in the meantime need to be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back