Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
Well, this is a weekend I've been looking forward to since the beginning of the year. You may remember the struggle to get my son in the Army stationed close to home, well he arrives in Louisiana tonight and reports to Fort Polk on Tuesday. He'll be about 90 minutes away and able to come in most weekends! :)

I love the Jazz Fest in New Orleans for the great food and fabulous variety of musical acts. We invited a bunch of college friends (we were at Tulane when the Fest was new) to come back this year since I don't know how many more I'll be able to attend. The response is overwhelming with friends joining us from all over the country for the Party. Friday will be spent in town and on campus, then Sat and Sunday at the festival. My ALSA rep arranged for a loaner power chair so I'll be able to get around easily and the friends won't have to push. I won't be back until Tuesday, but will try to update, have a great weekend, I know I will!:wink:

I hope you enjoy your weekend with family and friends:)

Excellent! Enjoy!

this is awesome! have the time of your life!

have a great weekend!

That just sounds SOoo good. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

We expect a report when you get back. Have a wonderful time--sounds like a whale of a good time will be had by all.
Laurel

That does sound like a hoot! Keep your wheels on the ground and everything will roll smooth. Have fun!

Have the Most Wonderful time !

Have a great time!

Kevin, it sounds like your weekend will be such fun. Enjoy!

Althuogh I hace necer been, my 2 oldest girls loved New Orlams whjen they went 4 Mardi Gras. HJave a great time and talke pics to show us.

Thanks everyone, it was a fantastic time, the weather was great and we had a blast. Friends joined us from Pittsburgh, New York, Houston, Atlanta, Orlando, Savannah and Jacksonville, most I hadn't seen in at least 10 years. I have to say thanks to the festival for being so handicap friendly > from on site parking, to plenty of wheel chair accessible restrooms, to special entrances wide aisles and front row special seating, they made it very easy to enjoy all the action. Big deposits in the memory bank!

My wife departed for heaven early Easter Sunday morning. She bravely fought ALS for seven years. I am so very proud of her courage all the way to the end.

I donated the vast majority of her medical equipment to the ALS Association. We still have the following which we hope to sell to defray some the heavy medical expenses. They are: A new (still in the box and never opened) Invacare 9805 Hydraulic Patient Lift, a new (still in the box Duracell Power Source 1800) which was a back up for her BIPAP machine if we experienced a 110 volt power failure. We also have a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Van fully configured VMI setup for a manual or power wheel chair. In fact, the van will hold two wheel chairs. We purchased the van new in January 2009. It currently has 12000 miles and is in impeccable condition - no accidents, no dents, no scratches, no smoking, garaged throughout. It is located in the Los Angeles area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back