Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
wisconsin
City
eau claire
If I want a micro joystick on my wheelchair it will add about five thousand (which insurance won't pay for) to the cost of my wheelchair. I guess a micro is easier to use when the hands are significantly compromised. Do any of you know about the micro joysticks and if they are worth paying extra for?

I Operate my wheelchair by using a foot control very easy to operate. Friday I just had a joy stick installed on the back of my chair it cost me $1200 they came to my house and installed the joy stick. I don't know if this is what your talking about or not.

I am using a loaner chair with a joystick (apparently normal size). The micro joystick is smaller with finer movements according to the wheelchair store. It operates with smaller movements. I believe the "platform" that the micro joystick comes with also allows a later addition of a head control.

And these joysticks are mounted on the armrest for easy access with your fingers.

Medicare and your secondary insurance will pay for a wheelchair to fix your needs. They did mine

I got it straightened out, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back