Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Please chime in on this if you take Rilutek.

I had run out and my pharmacy had to order to fill my perscription. So essentially, I had not taken it since last Friday until today; one week later. I was feeling great. Better stamina and strength....better balance. I was attributing this to starting with vallium as a supplement in the evenings at bedtime.

However; after one Rilutek tablet just after lunch today (the first in a week), I suddenly felt weak, tired and run down.

Maybe I just need to work back into taking this regularly, but I am questioning whether it is worth the benifit if I am going to keep feeling this way?

I would appreciate your feedback and any information on how Rilutek affects you.

Thanks!

I never noticed a problem other than stomach issues. Others here have said same about tired and weakness. If it really bothers you I'd quit taking it.

AL.

Thanks Al;

It is hard to know what is in your mind and what is real sometimes. It could be just a good or bad day. I am working out pretty hard and may have just finally overdone it.

I appreciate your response.

- Jerry

I've been on it for three years now and have never noticed anything except a bad taste in my mouth from the pill which I remedied by taking it with yogurt.

I too have never noticed a difference. I too ran into a similar situation as yours and did not take it for 4 or 5 days and I did not feel any different off it or when I started up again.

Interesting. We were low on the prescription, and I knew it was going to take a week or two for it to come. I gave it to my husband only at night during that time. It came at the end of last week, so I started giving it to him twice a day again. He has been very, very lethargic since that time. Hmmmmmm

My husband has been on Rilutek for 9 months and we haven't noticed any side effects, in fact it seems that the pill hasn't done anything at all....good or bad.

Jerry

You have to take rilutek on an empty stomach.

From my understanding of how rilutek works, it has limited effectiveness if taken with food, after meals or on a full stomach.

So if you took rilutek on a full stomach, it might not even have been that which made you nauseous. I did have nausea early on which I determined to be from creatine.

I have been on it for over 5 years without any noticeable side effects.

Good luck

3rd day of no rilutek in the morning for my husband. Much more alert. I'm going to keep him off of it for another week and then try putting him back on him to see if there is a change.

If my husband takes the prescribed 2 pills daily he has awful numbness in his mouth and lips. Talking to me is more important to him so we decided together that one a day is all he was willing to do. Also just spent 3 days in the hospital for bleeding ulcers that our beloved Dr. Glass has missed for the past 2 years and almost bleed to death in my bathroom floor...not sure if the drug contributed to that or not...not sure if going to bother to go back to Emory either, my husband is sick of being their lab rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back