Not open for further replies.

billsmith

Country
US
State
CA
City
Moreno Valley
8)I am lucky because I haven't been waiting, until recentl,y to find out what might be worng with me rather than the obvious. Just informed several weeks ago about potential ALS Daiagnosis and now I have already recieved blood, urine, x ray, MRI, spinal tap EMG, Nerve conduction test and muscle bioplsy of deltoid and leg muscles. I am waiting for someone to let me know what my next best step is. Until then I am trying to act like I am happy as a lark. My appreciation level of being alive is up several notches from an already high point. I tried to write a post yesterday and obviously need some pointers because it never seemed to have went anywhere but in my own space. So here is my second attempt.

Why can I do next?

Bill- Welcome. Sorry you are going through this. I hate to say it, but now, all you can really do is wait for the doctors to give their findings. I do know lots of folks get a second opinion. Sorry, dont have much to offer you, but I wanted to welcome you to the group.
Its a great thing that you have such a positive attitude. It will help in the long run.

Hey Bill welcome to the family and good luck with your new hobby

I told someone yesterday that I had beliefs that I can not truly be certain of. I also told them it was my choice whaqt believed. I choose to believe that everything happens for the best. If I am wrong I still have such a positive attitude from the belief that I handle whatever life gives me in a healthier fashion than If I believe something should not be happening to me. I have had several life experiences that I learneed this philosophy from in the past. so far I have handled all of my experiences as gifts. Some are a little more chanllenging to see that way but I am so convinced that it is the best way to enjoy and learn from every experience that I keep making this choice. Sometimes I can be overcome by my fears temporarily. That is ok. I just get back on my belief that its all good and there is something to be gained from all I will experience and keep looking for that. I am so glad to find this forum. Not even yet knowing if I have ALS or not, doesn't really matter. I am here now and see that people who don'[t take life for granted immediately pay more attention to what is important. Frankly I feel very much at home with all these people who have awakened from the universal illusion that they will live forever. I hope I am not taken wrong but it is almost like just waking up. I am truly grateful to be here and I want to be a part of this exiciting adventure in whatever way I find myself. I am pretty sure after all the years of running from reality that I have behind me the best policy for me is going for the gusto in everything in my life. I am not what I would call real religious but I like to think of spirituallity as very important. I also see many others call their beliefs religions, philosophies, realism, etc. I don't trip on that. My recently passed close fridn byron like to refer to us all as gods kids. I like that. so from one of his kids to the others have an awsome day. gratitude is a choice that can be made in the moment independent of our material circumstances. It seems to always be uplifting for me. thank you, thank you. Liz and Steve and everyone esle.

Hello Bill, I agree with the positive outlook you have...that knowing we are mortal brings life into focus. I'm a Christian, but agree totally with your concept of gratitude as a choice that, when made, does bring us up when otherwise we would slump down.

Welcome to the forum!
Ann

Very well said Bill! Yes, welcome to the forum. There are many good, caring and helpful people here. See you later! ; )

Welcome to the forum, although we hate to be here. Diagnosis is an amazing process. My husband and I went from scared, to angry, and now we have a sense of peace. He has the opportunity to say goodbye on his terms. We are making memories for our kids and enjoying every minute of our life together. You do have a great attitude and that will get you through the turbulent times, as well.

So glad to have such a positive force on the board.
Love and light
Meg

Congradulations CoachMeg. That was the 1st post that brought me to tears. But it did not take long to turn it into a big SMILE.

Wow, please take this the right way..It is so refreshing to see people actually living with the fear of a MND or the ALS diagnosis of one. I am so tired of reading how scared, how terrified, that someone may have MND..it is usually people who should have zero fear of the remote possibility of the disease.
And then either a Cals or Pals or another helpful member of the forum spends a lot of time, effort and caring to reassure said person, and then we never hear from them again..The next person who comes to the forum is pushed away because frankly we are all burnt out from this same cycle. And all the while we are people living with MND, we are mothers, daughters, sons, patients caregivers, sisters.
I loved the posts of belief, of looking at the bright side, making a positive experience out of whatever we are given. It is a drain feeling like what you have everyone's worst fear in life.
I understand that, I was one of those people, but when life comes knocking, well we have to take what it offers, sometimes not what we had planned, but in the end, we have to handle it the best way we can, the choice is just not a choice at all. Please know that I was excited to read this thread, finally a reason, a purpose.

Last edited:
Anyone new or worried, look at this thread..

Welcome! I'm still a bit new here and it's my goal to stay positive and it's making telling people about the DX a lot easier. When they see I can accept my new version of me and still laugh, it puts them at ease. I'm glad to see you have such great outlook!

Welsoome Bill, Can yoou trell me how the biopspy went? I hacve been puttting mine off and woulkd like to realay know how mucch it hurts. Thsnks for anyi nfo.
Kimberlyy

Hi there, just seeing your thread now. Welcome to the family! Thanks for sharing your take on life & gratitude. I feel set up for the day having read it. I look forward to seeing you around. All the best for that moment when the drs get in touch with results. As you say sometimes gifts are wrapped up in bundles of darkness.

Hello Bill....I will keep you in my goo thoughts.

Kevin and I decided early in this process that we would not lose our faith or our sense of humor. We have decided for us that the best example we have is Job! Yep, Job from the Bible. He said "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away!" and "Yet they slay me, still I will trust You." It is our faith that gives us the strength every day to maintain peace in this.

Welcome to the forum Steven...

Gina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back