Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I attended a stress seminar once that our office put on. The leader put a spin on the put a bean in a jar each time you make love in the first year that you are married....

Her proposal is that you only have so many beans in a jar that represent the stress that your body will endure and that is it. After you pull one out for each episode and if you make the jar become empty you are SOL.....

Deep down at times we all think that we are the only ones with real stress in our lives. Maybe for this club we are correct.....anyway; start tucking away some beans. You never know when you will need them.

Have you read in the CALS section, "Struggling with the Basics"...specifically Twinsmom's post, in which she speaks of coins? Is this a similar idea? I feel like I'm missing the obvious here, but we both know that I DO often miss!:)

So putting my own spin on things (as I often try to do), you are saying that if I have more sex I will have more beans in my jar? Or maybe a bigger beanstalk? Wouldn't that piss jack off to know that he could have kept the cow and gotten the beans AND the giant's golden coins too? :lol:

I couldn't believe you had missed this opportunity for so many hours, Barry--but was sure I could count on you to read that first paragraph...and spin!

Really just a contorted way to try to introduce some humor

I do wonder if stress, which seems to be the instigator of most diseases, plays a major part in how our body dealt us this blow.

ive heard of lots of cases of people progressing faster when they are stressed out, so i think i know what you mean.

I totally agree and try to reduce stress (that we all have a lot of) in my day by introducing some humour wherever I see the opportunity. And I also agree that stress plays a big part in us (or at least me) getting this disease, if I had had more gold coins a few years ago then maybe things would be a lot different.

Nothing like a day when you can both laugh and cry.

Slap my head & call me stupid- what is the tale about the beans in the jar the first year of marriage? ::-?
Notice how I perk up when the topic is sex!?!:wink:

Last edited:
Marianne, see what we missed by not being in the corporate world attending seminars?

Well Mare;

The Myth is that if you put a bean in a jar every time you make love during the first year of your marraige and then start taking them out each time in subsequent years, you will never deplete the supply established inside the jar.

Of course no one ever kept up with this to know, but it makes a good tale.

This really has nothing to do with the seminar I went to except the thought that there is a limited amount of stress that your body can endure and then it goes haywire. The person leading the seminar compared this to beans in a jar.

Of course like all men with terminal illnesses, I have permenant sex on the brain. So somehow in my dementia, I have scrambled the two stories.

Barry, I couldn't understand the definition on your link. How much is 3 ker? I think it must be written in Canadian. ;-)

Well I have no idea what a ker jar is because that's not the link I posted. Please disregard my (not actually mine but David's) posting.

BB-
Well, I don't know but I think we ran out of beans a few years back!;-)
I'm not bragging, I'm just saying!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back