Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Southern
Hi everyone...I've had a headache the past two nights. Body is kind of achy as well. I just had the peg tube placed 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Ive not had these headaches before. Anyone have the same problem? Oh how I wish this would go away. ALS....GO AWAY

this could be CO2 buildup. how is your breathing?

As Liz said, CO2 build up is a possibility. I do not have a PEG tube so not sure if that would cause this. I hope you feel better soon.

Is the peg tube site inflamed? Do you have a fever? If so you should contact your Doctor just incase it is infected.
Aly

What is co2 build up? My incision site burns like a fire cracker. It is a little red but the way it hurts feels like a grizzly bear has raked me with it's claw. Ugh. Maybe I'm just a whimp....oh wait I have ALS, I can't be a whimp. Haha.

carbon dioxide. when breathing becomes compromised, PALS cant get all the CO2 out of their systems. it can cause headaches and fatigue, among other things. it means it may be time for a bipap machine to assist with breathing, if thats what you choose.

How are those diaphragm muscles doing? If they aren't humpin' your lungs ain't pumpin' (air/oxygen). But, given you just had a PEG installed, I doubt your diaphragm was a problem.

Could be allergies. My husband has NEVER had allergies and this is the first year he is really suffering badly, since D X. He's had headaches and general snot/saliva issues that will not go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back