Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
McDonough
This is Michelle, Ted's wife. I just wanted to update everyone on Ted's stem-cell surgery at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta that took place on Wednesday. They took him back to prep him for surgery around 8 am and started surgery at 9:30 am. Surgery was done around 2 pm and then he was in recovery until about 7 pm. Last night we had lots of visitors....every hour someone was in to poke at him! He is recovering well...some pain at the sight of the incision but he is good spirits and joking with the nurses. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers.

It is so wonderful to hear first hand that Ted is doing well. My prayers are with him, please tell him he has a Sister who is lifting him in prayer to the Great Physician! My greatest hopes for Ted is that this will greatly reduce the progression of symptoms, giving him the highest quality of life for longest possible time. He is such a blessing to all of us here on the forum.

GO get em Ted, he is setting a path for so many pals and cals in the future. He is a trailblazer..Hugs to the family, you guys are admired by me, and many others..

Good to hear that he is doing ok. Please let him know that I'm thinking of him and wishing him the best of luck with the trial.

Thanks for the "good news" update. He is missed around here.

Thank you so much for letting us know. Glad to hear he's doing well!

A hero to our lineage of PALS....thank you Ted.

How long does he stay in the hospital?

- Jerry

Ted, you are a hero. Thank you so much for doing this study, in the hope that future ALS patients might be helped. Let's hope it works....goes quickly through to phase 3 and then makes a huge impact in the treatment of this awful disease.
Aly

I really hope this is going to work out great! :) Lead the way Ted!

Great to hear he is doing well!

Speedy recovery!

Thank you, Michelle! And Ted, yes...you are very special. Best possible wishes.

Blessings to you, Ted! You know how I feel about all of this and what you are doing. I cant thank you enough for putting yourself through this to help our future PALS. Hero doesnt even come close to what you are!
Get well soon so you can come back to us and tell us all about it. We miss you.
Thanks for the update, Michelle. Its very appreciated.

Get better soon Ted! You are missed!

Glad to hear things went well.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back