Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
not much said about this. about 2000 diagnosed wiyh sleep apnia after a couple of years feeling fatigued. wore a cpac for 2.5 years then nose and throat surgery corrected it. now do you suppose lack of oxygen over an extened period of time could cause damage to motor neurons in the brain. thats a problem of me being a pals. too much time to think

Hi pearshoot,

Love your last line! We do have a lot of time to consider all we've done that may have been harmful. I haven't a clue whether not enough oxygen in your brain contributed, but I'm as sure (as I'm able to be) that it isn't true in my case. Some virus which is inherited was being considered--I don't recall where I read that, only remember that it was seen in autopsies.

I empathize with your examination of what could have done this to you---It seems we all do that. It is probably a natural and obviously understandable period to go though. Then, speaking only for myself, I decided there is simply no way to know "why", and for the most part have given it up.

No doubt there are both environmental and also genetic factors. And, I also wonder about the "third world countries" where there would be no way to diagnose this disease. In a way, I find thinking about that the most helpful, because it results in realizing I have the helps available which wouldn't have been in place a hundred years ago, and then I am reminded that there's so much to be thankful for.

I hope your day is, so far, a brighter one. This is toughest for us in the beginning, because wrapping your head around it is very difficult. While symptoms do change and are challenging in trying to deal with whatever is next, I can look back at the past and know other problems have been dealt with, and that gives me hope for today's.

Hugs,
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back