PALS
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Ks
City
Nuero prescribed nuedexta for first perscription. Anyone know anything about it. Supposed to stabalize emotions? Help with speaking from the standpoint of mouth can worry about speaking instead of emotions fighting to come out?:?
On a seperate note thank you to all of you who have been here a while and respond to my posts. The questions usually have been discussed previously and yet I get the answers again. I appreciate your patients.

michael0314,

Nuedexta is a new drug for treating pseudobulbar affect, which is a condition that many PALS suffer from. The more common term we usually use for PBA is emotional lability (EL) and is characterized by uncontrollable emotional expressions such as excessive or inappropriate crying or laughing.

EL is a common problem for PALS and there are a bunch of threads about it on the site.

My husband was in the trial for this drug. It worked great for him.

Good luck.

My Neuro gave me a script for Nuedexta but my pharmacist said it wasn't available yet. It is supposed to be available sometime in the first three months of this year. Were you able to get your script filled?
Linda

Nuedexta is available and pharmacies can get it from their wholesaler as of 2/1/11. I have heard of a lot of patients who have benefited from Nuedexta. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back