PALS
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Ks
City
OK I'm in one of those stir up trouble moods. lol I read( but can't find where) that some people have found that Pot( shorter that mar....) helps protect the nerves. Does anyone have anything on this. I'm not looking for permision. I am still at work and they drug test so it's not an option for me just curious more than anything and wanting to stir the pot a little Pun intended lol

Re: Medicle Marijuana

There is a lady with a video on youtube who swears by it. i believe she has had ALS for many years and as soon as she started smoking it, she had relief of some of her issues.
Id say there are better ways to ingest than smoking it- especially when bulbar is affected.
this is one of those things that I think people either feel strongly for or against.
I say if it helps, why the heck not?

With all the drugs my husband takes now, I'm beginning to think MJ would be a better option, except Medicare doesn't cover weed! LOL He'd have a one stop nebulizer treatment for all that is troubling him. I could benefit, as well! He'd be hungry and I'd be chilled out. What more could you ask for?

I won't see it legal in my state in my lifetime, so cost is prohibitive and jail time is too!

we were in the process of getting Glen's med card... never had to chance to see if it helped.

The folks with spasticity say it helps that, as well as helping the appetite.

This article is a call for a clinical trial for marijuana use by ALS written by University of Washington doctors. It is pretty technical, but worth the effort of deciphering it. It does not claim to be a cure, but strongly suggests marijuana could be nerve protecting and slow the progression of ALS, as well as treating many symptoms.

file:///private/var/folders/W5/W577gu8AEcKUJsEOoA1UUE+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.mail.drag-T0x10051ffd0.tmp.WDVA0v/ALS&Cannabis.pdf

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

I agree with taking maryjane ( I do not use it ) 100% & it DOES help, I would post more on here but it is a public forum, it helps with slowing down the disease & relaxing muscles & appetite, as far as I am concerned every person with ALS/MND should have the option to use it if they choose !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back