10/2007
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Canal Winchester
Hi, friends-
I just wanted folks to know that I’ve been quiet the last couple weeks, but still present; drawing inspiration, quietly pulling for others, and feeling kinship through our shared journeys.

After three years of gradual decline, I’m suddenly losing my last bit of strength and coordination all at once. It seems like I’ve lost as much function in the past month as I did all last year. Unfortunately, I’m sure far too many of you know first-hand what I’m experiencing.

If my FVC is still high enough, I’ll be getting a PEG tube tomorrow. It should help. I’m also going to get the eye-tracker set-up on my Dynavox. Yea! :) All the fuss will likely keep me quiet for a few days longer, but hopefully, I’ll soon be adjusting to my newest “normal” and joining-in the threads again!

Say a prayer for me and especially for my family. Meanwhile, I think I’ll start working on another awful poem or two! Hmmm … I wonder what rhymes with PEG-tube? :roll:

God bless,

David i hope getting the peg in goes well for you, and I will be thinking of you and your family. Let us know how it goes ok.

Praying for you tonight David! Hope the procedure goes as planned....let's see rhymes with tube...boob :oops:

David stay strong...I am sorry for your recent progression. I hope you are able to get the PEG and that helps. Looking forward to your next poem!

My thoughts are with you. I hope all goes well.

Good luck with the mouth bypass tube placement!

All the best with the tube. Rooting for you.

David, thanks for the update, and I hope you're all PEGd, and that it went easily for you. You're in my prayers as you recouperate. David, I so hope your progression goes into "hibernate" now.

David, hope the procedure goes well and your recuperation time is short. Perhaps the eyegaze will keep your mind off of physical discomforts and the mental challenge is positive.

Currently I am testing the mind mouse and the set up has been more difficult than using the program. Need to be more of a geek than I am, I suppose. Give me a few days on it and we can communicate using my mind and your eyes! I will be careful what I think and you must be careful what you look at! hee hee

Keep the poems coming.

Hugs,

Your positive attitude will help for sure! My hubby had his Peg in for two years..he looks great. Only takes formula by tube. The eyegaze that he was given a year ago has been a life line..and life saver for our whole family. It is our new "normal"....and I am thankful for it. Check in after your procedure..thinking of you!

Ah David, I have been wondering where you were! I have a tear in my eye for you friend; but I immagine that the new changes will bring about a new lease of life. Something else to tell you ... I'll PM.

Grace & Peace!

David,
I sure hope the PEG insert went well. I am sorry for the fast progression. My progression seemed like yours. Mine started in the bulbar region. It stayed isolated for 4years. After my left leg started to be affected, everything just kind of snowballed for me. I hope the PEG and eyegaze accessory works well for you.
I will keep you in prayer, my brother.

David, hope the peg went well for you. I've had mine for two weeks now. It takes a little time, but I'm getting where there are stretches where I don't notice it. Getting to the new normal.

Hope you are doing well.

David,
Hope all went well and that you are recovering nicely. It will be a blessing with the tube. Saying prayers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back