Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
just been reading threads about facebook,i too have the link with 4 likes and was concerned.
i dont have a facebook account,the link is to my sons with his picture on it.
it occured to me that the facebook link is connected to your email address.
do people who dont have a facebook account or anyone who uses there computer get the facebook like link?
i thought that if david can not change this then the solution would be to use seperate email addresses for the forum and facebook.
i realise it would be more difficult with facebook so maybe those who want to put in a request to david to change the email address that they signed up with .
but please realise this maybe alot of work for david and he has a busy life and problems at the moment.

but i have looked and canot find anything i posted or links to the forum on my sons wall.

as it has been said,anything publicley posted on any forum can be accessed by others.
taking steps like editing profiles to just those you trust,sending pm's if you wish anything to remain private will help .

ps........anyone can look at your facebook wall but i believe you can edit it so that only friends can see your wall,doing this may give more privacey with your forum posts.

feel free to let me know if i am wrong lol.

pps.........i think its been said but you need to click on the facebook like icon.
i can only see mine but no one elses,so maybe its simple.............just dont click on your facebook like icon.

Last edited:
as i have said i do believe this facebook problem is email related because i dont have an facebook account but my son does and its his account /facebook profile photo that is next to the like icon..............as both accounts share the same email address it can only be that reason.
anyone can google an als related topic and gain access to posts just like any other forum.
we have thousands of visitors who come and read the posts.............this has never been a problem to members in all the years the forum has been running.
so why all the hysteria and panic?

i have never told a lie on this forum,i am a law abiding citizen and pay my taxes and bills............i have nothing to hide.
i feel i am talking to myself so will close the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back