Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
For "David":

Hi David:

Would you be willing to identify yourself as to background and let the members understand the ownership of the forum and its financial supporters?

I believe this would alleviate the concerns that have been recently expressed about how the forum is managed and its goals and objectives.

Thanks.

Well put Lori!

And by the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH David for creating this forum. For all the little ups and downs, it has truly been a God Send to me. You don't have to reveal your identity to anyone sir.

This reminds me of the old saying "You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

The links do not bother me, but I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. This forum has been a godsend to me as I deal with my diagnosis, and I appreciate everyone's input.

Very well said! be thankful we have this forum. I would be lost without it.

Thank you David for all your hard work! We appreciate all that you do.

I honestly do not know how I would manage my husband's diagnosis and the caregiving required of me without this forum. I learn more here than I could ever learn from doctors or any other website. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your time and effort in managing this site. I'll abide by whatever rules you want me to follow!

Thank You David, I SOOO much appreciate all you do. In the 6 months that the Facebook "likes" have been on our forum, I have never seen a post of mine show up on Facebook. I have however googled questions, and have been directed to this site. The google "search" works better than our "search" on this forum. This site allows us enough privacy.

Thanks David for the forum. I think these days the whole privacy thing is way overrated. Anyone can get another person's info with very little effort if they wanted. It is really balancing the value of knowing other people and others knowing you to decide that it is all worth it.

This forum is my sanity, I would have been a lost soul if the forum and the wonderful people had not been here to lift us up

I have been a member of this forum since 2006.... I have laughed, cried, shared happiness and sadness with fellow members. Often times, when feeling overwhelmed I seek respite here. I have also learned so much valuable information that has contributed positively to my hubby's quality of life. We have learned how to Live with ALS not die from ALS. Thanks ALS forum! Forever grateful!

Last edited:
I don't spend much time here anymore, but without this forum I'm not sure I would have made it through last year. Thank you, David for all you have done.

I say ditto to all the above. I don't post much but I'm always there. Thank you so much David. Love, Joan

Thanks David for the forum.
I find a great source of info, light relief and more important to me, friends with a common interest.

Cheers
Peter

hi badbalance.
david set up the forum purely so pals and cals can support each other,you will have to ask al for his reason for doing so.
from my understanding donations in part help with the running costs of the forum but some help the modorators with any expences or things they need to do there job.
paypal is very secure so none of your details can be got at by someone else.

in fact i have trouble as my bank is very viligant with overseas transactions via internet including paypal and have declined transactions before,especially using my bank card.
i did loose my paypal account when i moved 2yrs ago and just got a new one a few weeks ago so now i can make donations to the forum using paypal again..............though my bank will only do one off payments and decline anything like a subscription even with paypal.

within the world we live in with its technology we now have whats called "the big brother" effect.
if you stick to secure sites like this one and use good internet security then you should be ok.
i checked your profile and its visiable to guests,if you wish only members to see it or just friends go to your user cp and click on profile privacey and make the changes you want.
i was concerned about any lurkers looking at my profile so changed it so that only members can see.

like everyone else i am so greatefull for this forum and to david and modorators,it has been a godsend to so many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back