Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
......must first be reviewed by an administator prior to showing up?

Why is this?

Total obligatory sharing of our information is not why I visit this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Apparently any posts related to F***b**k

BB, I realize that you are asking this of the moderators or administrator but can you please explain your question a bit more. Are you trying to post a link that needs approval?

Also, there are certain words that will cause your post to be moderated if you use them. The search engine whose name is spelled similarly to "giggle" is one of those words. It wouldn't surprise me if F---b--k was another one of those words.

What is f....b....k? A type of American takeaway like K....F.....C? :) No really what is K...B....K or am I just naive and stupid?

Pure and simple Aly

f...B..k is
Face

Book

Sorry to seem a bit obtuse in this post.

I emailled the administrators to ask why F...b..k linked in notations are appearing below my posts. I really do not want or need my posts voted on for "like" or re-posting.

Well thank you Sadie;

Apparently I am way behind on this issue....please forgive a new person's ignorance.

Am I wrong? Can't anyone vote "like" on my posts and then have them show on their own wall ?

This is not really acceptible for me as a feature of this forum. I post personal feelings to others here, that also have ALS, that I would not care to have shared casually onto FB.

That's my two cents....I will certainly be more cautious in my posts here on this forum.

Oh I am so so behind on everything. A sign of getting old I suppose. I had no idea it refered to Facebook.

Sorry I need to get " with it "

Aly

Read perma link #32 by trfogey If you type site:alsforums.com then your user name all posts are shown that you have made. Nothing is private on the internet. This caused a lot of worries last July and I hesitate bringing it up again, but everyone needs to be careful.

I have scrubbed my profile of any personal information and deleted my pictures.

I will be more realistic in how I post in the future. I now feel sad.

Also Sadie;

I do not see the post I made to the thread that you referenced. Either this thread has been locked down or my post has not yet been evaluated for acceptibility.....<sigh>

When I retired I had hoped to leave the corporate structure behind.

One last comment and I will stop.

Here is the mission statement from the main page:

What does this website do?
ALSforums.com provides a free service in the form of this Internet support group. Our community consists of individuals working together to exchange information, and to offer moral support. We encourage you to
join our community to learn about motor neuron disease, or to share your experiences with motor neuron disease (ALS/MND and PLS).

While I know that this this fits the aspirations for most of us that come here, apparently the forum owners have a greater "altruistic" motive that they are not making clear....to spread ALS awareness. While this is a commendable goal, it is not clear to persons joining that there are administrators behind the scenes taking care of us.

Perhaps a warning that nothing on the internet is private and that links are contained on threads that allow an easy way for users to cross-post to F.B. should be included?

Ah;

I see now that all my related posts are now being evaluated prior to posting.....

I will wait to see what transpires, but I believe that I will be looking for another forum in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back