Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
you, my dear, dear friends kept me alive while i have been going through horror.
I love you all and thank byou for being in my life
my daughters have shoved me into an institution in cambridge and as it is only short term they then have to find me another so i am living with no home, no friends, nothing. Yet I HAVE myt home in France. I cnnot believe it has been so impossible to get someone to live with me. Prof. Help supplied.
I miss my darling girls so much. I HAVE to get out of this limbo. It is driving me mad. If only someone couldhold me, say," I will take care of you and be with you" -and please I mean real living person, not Jesus - and this strong person would organise all my problems and take me to a home, a real home, with love. Please, I am still beggin if anyone has an answer. I have no money, do not know what has happened to my french ban account and have not a peny here. I ask daughters by phone and they say next time but;;;;;;;;;;
ofFERS? HELP? A STRONG ARM SO GRASPED FOR AND WOULD BE SO WELCOME;
lOVE TO YOU ALL
STILL CRYING SO DESPERATELY FOR HELP

My heart aches for you! I wish I had a solution but I don't, all I can do is pray someone comes around that will love you and take care of you. We love you but can't fulfill what you really need. It is frustrating being so far away and not be in a position to help.

Dear Iris, I just erased my message (I've become adept at that recently). I so wish I could climb into my laptop, to get you and to bring you through the laptop to my home.

I'm so sorry that your grief and your circumstances are what they are. I do hope that you are helped, that you will see your children and grandchildren soon and a lot. And you know I love you so very dearly. I wish....so much, dear Iris, I could hold you.
Love,
Annie

Iris dear, how wonderfuil to find a post from you. How sad to know things are still in chaos for you.

I so wish there was an easy solution for your plight or that I could bring you to the Ranch with your dogs, and make you a part of my family. My Mother passed away yesterday so I too am feeling abandoned even though Tim H. is still caring for and loving me. Not to mention I have not had to leave my home or have bank accounts missing! You are certainly entitled to your cry for help. Real help. I ache for you.

So, since distance and logistics are an obstacle to adopting you and "your girls", about all I can do, at the moment, is to hold you in my heart and share some of the funnier moments that come from this disease that has made us family.

ALS has taken the excitement out of the holiday season - then add to that the loss of my mom. My housekeepers are decorating the place for the holidays - something I so enjoyed doing. This year it isn't much fun since I am stuck with watching instead of doing. This year I have added a cat to the household and she has spent countless hours taking the balls off the tree that the girls are trying To decorate. The dog on the other hand, is not sinless. He is unwrapping the gifts as fast as they appear under our tree. At this rate we should be de-decorated by Dec. 25th and done with all the holiday glitter and tinsel. :)

And now, my friend, I must sign off as my caregiver says he is ready to have me join him for a shower! Now THAT IS a benefit of this dang disease! ;)

Love and hugs from me to you.

Diane

Last edited:
Love You sweet Iris! Welcome back! Hugs Lori

Welcome back dear Iris!
I know it's not the best of situations, but it could be a lot worse. I know it is hard to think on anything bright when your soul is downcast. I wish I could help, but you know what I would say.
What I can do is give you a big hug. You are still in my prayers, Iris Marie.

Love,
Judy

so happy you are back , glad you are with family that is what most important .. sad you had to leave your home thou

Welcome back Iris.

Sorry you have to go through all this s**t, but remember all good things come to those who wait and i recon that you have waited long enough for the good things to start happening sooooooooooooon

cheers
Peter

Oh Iris, I feel so bad for you and haven't replied to you on this thread before because I haven't known what to say. I still don't know what to say and don't have any solutions to getting you a real live person so you can go back to your home in France but like everyone else here I would help if I physically could.

I know that it's not the same as real face to face friends but you always have your friends here and we love you very much. Try to be comfortable and I will reply to your other message later.

Barry

Iris, As others have said, it is so sad to see one of our own in this situation. You said it was temporary. Could it be your daughters are trying to find something closer to them? I so hope that is the solution. Have they tried to find someone to stay with you in France. It is all so trying and it is so hard to be so far away and not in a position to do anything. I hope you can find it within yourself to bear this burden and find some peace and happiness. I hope the new year brings you new solutioms. I wish you love.
You are in my prayers,
NancyS

Its so good to hear from you honey! We have the opposite problem. My help is driving me insane! What I would do just to be by myself for a day! You will catch your break darling, just please hang in there! We all think the world of you!

Dear, dear Iris. My heart goes out to you. Like the others here on the forum, I do so wish I could figure out an answer for you. I understand exactly what you mean about missing your "girls". I have three of my own! It is amazing how much you can love an animal! In the midst of this pain, surely they must be in good homes and being taken care of as you would want. I hope this temporary situation ends soon, and that your next move brings you nothing but contentment. Know that you are loved by all of us. We can't put our arms around you, but we are with you in spirit.

So happy to hear from you IrisMarie, but so sorry about your situation!

Sending hugs!

So happy to hear from you IrisMarie, but so sad to hear that you are still unhappy. Hopefully your daughters will find you a wonderful place to call home and you will make friends and be happy there. So sorry that you are not where you want to be. Sending you huge(((((hugs))))).

OH IRISMARIE! I am so gald to see you back here with all the people that love & have missed you so much,I just wish that I was closer to you & your girls I would give you big hugs anytime you felt you needed one. I pray that things start to take a turn for the best soon,but hang in there the best that you can.I pray every night for you.I love you & God Bless you. now don't be a stranger ok.HUGS
LOVE
SHARON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back