Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
Please, someone tell me I'm not alone in this.

I'm not a snorer, in fact, in the past I've been told that I'm such an ideal sleeping partner because I don't snore, and I don't move around when I sleep.

So much for THAT!

Lately this "noise" has been waking me up. It sounds like I'm snoring. After about a week of it happening most nights, last night I was able to wake up enough, without changing anything, and realized it's my tongue! My mouth is closed, bipap of course on, and, you know how if you blow on the edge of a sheet of paper it will vibrate and make that whirling noise? Its the surface of my tongue doing that! I can feel it. It is so bizarre. And, its not even the back of my tongue, its the surface at the center, but more on the right, which is my weakest side. Previous to this, for the last several months, its felt like my tongue gets kind of crumpled up when I sleep, stuck to the roof of my mouth... (don't I sound fetching lol)

Anyone else have this?

Rose- Im not sure if this will pertain to you at all or not- but my PALS tongue is on the roof of his mouth alot of time. its completely "dead", so maybe its the weakness?
Im sorry this is happening. it must be very frustrating to say the least.

There was a thread last week? maybe the week before?- I can't find it now- title something about weird or strange noises coming from the PALS throat or mouth?

Does anyone remember this thread? :-?
Rose/Diane- not sure if it even is what you are asking about; I glanced at it quickly.
Sorry, that's all I got!:roll:

My dear Rose...I make so many different noises in my sleep. I would be happy with a whistle tongue! lol! I hum, yell, grunt, moan, and other things that I don't have a description for lol! And did I mention how loud I get? I has really gotten a lot better lately, so maybe yours will fade away too. Can you record it, and put it on youtube so we can hear it? ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back