Diagnosis
06/2004
Country
AUS
State
wa
City
perth
For those of you who use portable suction pumps, have you found a particular brand, where the unit is not too heavy when out and about( I only have limited space in my chair), and the button to turn it on/off does not require too much hand strength

I recently bought a Liberty Multi voltage pump, however I am unable to turn the switch on unless its plugged into a powerboard where the switch is a lot easier. Another issue is the unit is quite large and too heavy(between 4 &5 kilos) to sit on my lap in the chair when I go out

Thanks for your help :)

I have a DeVILBISS model 7305P-O. Its small and travels well in my duffel bag. I plug it in to charge and pull the power cord for portability.

Its SUCKS TO USE IT, but thats a good thing.

Glen

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how easy is the button to turn on/off

Thanks again

its a rocker button, and it seems easy to me. I have trouble with a tv remote, to show you how much my hands will do.

Great, thats very helpful- I understand the tv remote issue lol

Thanks again for your help:)

HI Glen

I forgot to ask the other day, did you get the 1.2 litre canister with this?

Sorry to keep asking questions

Thanks

This is a little tip I learned...to take the grossness out of the spit bucket. Fill it with a cup of mouthwash first..makes a pretty blue color..and smells better. Oh the joys!

Thanks for the tip Kelly, something else on my shopping list!

Hi Barry...think about you all the time! Just watched Mike L's video on FB..and a nice picture of you in it! Have a good night..and happy suctioning! Sorry about being warped..only way to battle this disease!

Check with your agencies before purchasing stuff you need. Turns out that much of the equipment you need is covered by Medicaid or whatever your state agency is that assists with your equipment and supplies. We ran around buying lots of stuff before we figured that out. Better a loaner than you own it!

Kelly, warped is good and thanks for the video tip.

I am not aware of the device you speak or the requirements, but... I am an amputee and have vaccum assisted suction sockets. anyway... attached to my limbs is a small rechargeable vacuum pump (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) it is detachable and seperate item, push button on/off, etc.

Wonder if this device will fill your needs?

New here and new at ALS, and have no knowledge of the pump you are speaking about, but... I am an amputee and my legs have a vacuum assisted socket. attached is a small, recargeable battery powed vacuum pump (about the size of a fat pack of Cigarettes)

It is a seperate item from the limbs, I have no knowledge of your needs but I wonder if it might suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back