long term ceftriaxone for ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My husband has been using rocephin ( injection) for two months. After rocephin his FVC has increased from ( 7.5 2010)80 % to ( 10.12.2019) 97%. T here is no choking on liquids or food anymore. He has Weakness in his arms and legs,balance problems,excess salvia,slurry speaking, slownwss etc.
Do you use Ceftriaxone as an oral pill and what' s the dosage ?
Thanks NOT ALS for your priceless sharing and help.

I'm so glad you're seeing good results. I honestly believe many ALS patients have late stage undiagnosed Lyme. The tricky part is catching the disease early enough or even if your body can respond to the meds.

I am on 2g of ceftriaxone per day, via an iv. I have a picc line. I never tested positive for lyme but have a clinical diagnosis, which means I have all the classic symptoms of late stage neurological lyme (guess what, exactly the same symptoms as ALS). My lyme doc has just added zithromax to treat a coinfection, Bartonella. I feel better even in a few short days.

I've been told that I should seek treatment at a clinic in CO which specializes in ALS/Lyme cases. It was started by a famous Dr who was cured of ALS. I still haven't decided if I'm going to contact them. I'm doing pretty well anyway.

How was the doctor cured of ALS? We would all like to know! Why has the doctor kept this from the rest of the world?

ALS then Lyme diagnosis, But Dr. David Martz knew whatever he had was worse than the flu.

Dr M considers himself an ALS patient although he recovered enough to work fulltime for 10 years treating ALS/lyme patients. He recently retired but is still active in the lyme community. He cannot stop antibiotics without getting ill again. His information is right out there on the internet. Antibiotics work for some patients, but not all and noone knows why.

I've had good luck with ceftriaxone myself. I've been on an iv for 6 months now and am much stronger = athough the atrophy in my shoulders has not improved, it hasn't worsened either.

Hi Not ALS, [/I

"I am on 2g of ceftriaxone per day, via an iv. I have a picc line"

Sorry but this sentence doesn't mean anything to me .That means you have oral pills everyday or injections.
Thank you.

a picc line is a surgically placed catheter in your arm. ceftriaxone needs to go directly into your bloodstream, there is no pill form, so it is in an iv bag that hooks into the catheter. I have 2 grams a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back