Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Well, we had a visit from the provincial home care nurse today and arranged for a home care worker to come every morning starting next week to get my lazy butt out of bed, dressed and my first feed. Right now it takes me half an hour to get my socks on and I feel like I have run a marathon so the help will be good. Beth is not always here and is usually busy working (we have our business in our house) so she won't have to worry about me in the morning at least.

What a change that will be and I guess I will have to start wearing something to bed! :shock::shock:

Barry, I am so proud of you. My advice is this... buy black underwear. You never have "that awful dingy grey" when you just start out with black. Phil is my test case. Ok, Yes. Wear it.

Your personal fashionista,
Ann

Barry- Im really glad you will be getting the help that you need so you can use your energy doing something way more meaningful than putting on your socks! And you know what? Go ahead and keep sleeping in the buff! These people are professionals. And what a way to say good morning!

Good for you Barry! I know it is a big step to take but you will soon be used to it. Liz is right, keep sleeping the way you always have, they are used to it. It will soon become a non-issue.

Where is Glen when we need him? Well, since teasing you isn't working, have you at least told them that you want breakfast in bed and not before 9?

We've had morning help for the past 4 months. The few times we have been out of town and fending for ourselves have been rough! You will be amazed at how much help that will be for both of you!

Good for you, Barry! I know what you mean about expending energy to dress... ince I now have my housekeeper/caregiver dress me I find I have more energy coins for other things - like eating! :) I feel a bit like a "woman of means" with a "driver", a "dresser", a "housekeeper", a "cook" and a "gardner"". Then I remember I am not "of means" and just a PALS! :)

Diane- dont ever say "just" a PALS. Youve earned all of those things. And I love you.
Sorry for jumping in on your thread, Barry. Just had to tell Diane my 2 cents worth. Thank u.

Let me just say this, I know seeing me in the buff first thing in the morning will hard-ly be a non issue :shock::shock: Not bragging, just saying. I can't wait for when they start helping me shower, I bet the water will be cold!

They are coming at 10 am, how's that for leisurely?

Barry hope the help in the mornings does help, and give em a scare...go on and sleep in the buff...lol

Atta boy, Barry. I do think 10 is a great hour to be "seen". Maybe Beth can take shower duty. I'm very serious. It's way too much fun not to have your wife share. Phil finds my showers something to look forward to. (they are NOT daily.) Invest in liquid soap, and use warm water.

Barry- are you trying to say that you often go camping in the morning? Well then, just make sure you get an out doorsy type gal.
Ann's got a pretty good idea there... warm shower, liquid soap- OH MY. Bet the Mrs. wont mind that at all!

dang barry, if you follow Ann and Liz's suggestions, this could REALLY turn into a daily treat! Go Barry, it's your birfday!

I'm glad you're getting the help Barry. Should we expect your avatar to be changing to one of you wearing a Lungi like Nishant recommends?
Laurel

omg you people are too funny but , with the truth .... it will be a great help happy for you barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back