Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
docs trying hardest to get me into institution which would mean dogs in refuge if I cannot find a full time live in. cannot bear this. If only I had been nicer to S and not driven him away. I SO NEED HIM HERE just for these last few months
but the powers that be are tryng so hard for me. PHysio comes everyday to help with this chest infection; Nurses, home helps, the lot.but doc refuses to give me sleeping meds and the nights are so LONG and UNCOMFORTABLE
and then of course I get depressed.
oh dear, what a whinger
Forgive me, friends
all suggestions and razor blades/morphine welcome
love to all

praying for you irismarie! my heart goes out to you!

Irismarie, I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart breaks knowing that you are going through these struggles alone. I am Praying for you.

Oh dearest Iris, I am heartsick for you. Regarding the dogs.... your daughter or son has said they'll take care of them in the UK, but you need 6 months, if I remember correctly, before they can change countries? I wonder if a neighbor can help you out with the dogs, taking them in until that 6 months is over. I know that your dogs are a very big concern, and understand that.

Are any more helpx people scheduled to come and stay with you? You do need someone nice and strong to take care of you. It seems with all the help that the government gives, the actual live-in would have time for your personal care.

I love you so much. No suicide help from me, but prayers for you to receive the help you need.
Love, your Annie

IrisMarie,

I so feel for you and your situation. I will pray for you today that God would bring someone to your side to walk you through this. Spiritually we are all here for you even though we are not there with you physically. May you find joy and peace in your heart today. Bless you.

Oh Irismarie, you sound exactly like me. My daughter lasted only 5 1/2 months before she bailed. She doesn't even have anywhere to go, but she's leaving tomorrow. My dog will be bonkers without her here. I can't play with him or walk him unless the weather is perfect for my powerchair. My evil moods got the best of me ONCE and that was that. I'd like to see somebody dying of ALS keep from moodiness and despair, but I don't think that's possible. I do have lots of morphine though and plan to take it when swallowing becomes an issue. So far it's just lots of fun word slurring. I'm ok for the moment with 2 dedicated paid caregivers. But the clock is ticking.

I hope you get to stay home with your puppy dogs. Nobody's getting me out of my house. Good luck!

Carol

I'd like to see somebody dying of ALS keep from moodiness and despair, but I don't think that's possible.
Carol

I am sorry you feel that way and things are hard. I am living with ALS, not dying from it and don't have any despair - it is possible. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Wishing you peace!
Joel

irismarie . . My thoughts are with you . . Hang in there . . God bless

dear irismarie,

I wish I had a wand to make it all better for you, I can't believe what you are going through, I could never leave Mick no matter how hard it gets.
Moods can't be helped and people want to try being in your shoes sometimes, love and hugs if I win the lotto this week I will fly you over dogs an all and by us a big bungalow to all live in.xx Ang

Ang, I'm praying you do win the lottery!

Hey there irismarie,
We know that the road ahead would not be all smooth, there would be bumps in the road, when
you reach these bumps that is when you turn to the Lord. He knows our every need.
GOD Bless Wayne

Dear irismarie,

I'm in on praying for the lottery ticket and the bungalo! Being honest about how you feel, and facing the reality of your situation is the first step to reaching out to others. I believe you can and will get the help you need, but while we are all praying and waiting for this, you gotta know we are truely with you in spirit. "Where two or three are gathered in my Name, there am I in the midst of them."
You are not alone, but have the inner resource to get thru this, and we are all rooting for you!
Hugs and prayers,
Sequoia

wow! I so understand how you feel.

Sorry no razor blades coming from here, and the morphine, well i apologize I need what I get (and am not saving any for.. when ever.. although I have felt that way, often-I KNOW I wont ever do that to myself- to my kids, to everyone who does know me).

I wish i had a solution for you,
as I had Rain -a beautiful Husky (the youngest of my former racing sled 'clan') and a wonderful companion, in his 'senior' years- Jasper- a Samoyed (the grandfather of many of the other sled racing clan I had- 12 in total at one point -maybe if i remember I will share a story of the day i gave Santa a ride to the mall to meet the kids in the sled, with dogs running through town (on a closed to traffic route-in the parade-we left last as Santa always seems to arrive last in those parades)-lets just say by the end of it-santa's pants werent the same colour or odour and luckily all the sugar high kids were much more interested in 'OOOHHH DOGGIES!" so santa could get 'cleaned up' before he came out to meet the kids.

I KNOW my little story doesn't make things better,
or knowing that my loved children, these dogs had to find new homes first before my human children did.

All i really can offer, you, is a little compassion, and understadiing of your situatioon.

Please stay and let us know how you are.
I'm worried now.

and wish i could help.

those lottery ticket purchasers-keep up your faith *sorry I don't have faith in those so dont buy them).

-minna

Iris,

Maybe ALSGA can temporarily cover the cost for someone to care for your dogs while we sort everything out? Let me know what you think

Stu

Iris Marie, I am so sorry you are going through this on your own. It is bad enough to have this disease without having to go it alone. I pray that someone comes along to help take care of you. I understand how you feel about your dog and hope that something can be arranged and that you can get the help you need. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
NancyS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back