Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
Aus
State
NSW
City
Sydney
you might not remember me . . . my mother had ALS and she died in April 2010. My sister and I were her carers. We live in Sydney Australia.

It's a little sad coming back because so many names of people who were regular posters seem to be missing. I need to look through the "departed" forum to see who has actually gone and who might be just hiding for a while. It's nice to see some people are still around - JoelC, Rose and others. Hang in there!

Now my aunt's sister has been diagnosed with ALS. She is no relation to my mother. It's just one of those horrible coincidences. My poor aunt. She was horrified at what happened to my mother (it was all over in 9 months from first onset of symptoms). Now she'll go through it all again with her dear sister who lives very close to her.

I probably won't be posting a lot here as my aunt's sister is not someone I know well. But I felt compelled to come back and post this, and I'll try to encourage some of the family closer to the situation to come to these forums as they were so helpful for me when we were in the thick of peg tube feeding, excess saliva and other issues.

Thanks for reading.

sesl.

Yes, I remember you. That is so very disheartening.

I hope they will visit here and perhaps find a bit of comfort and knowledge.

You take care!

I am sorry to hear this! Like CJ said, I hope we can be of help.

Sesl,
I hope you are able to get some closer family members to come here.
As you said, it is a great place to find support during these trying times

cheers
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back