Anyone incorrectly diagnosed ALS but it was cervical spondylosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotALS!

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
I'm desperately trying to find an alternate diagnosed than ALS. I have had chronic neck pain since a car accident 30 yrs ago. My MRIs are fine but I have arm weakness and shoulder atrophy. My EMGs aren't conclusive but my neuro believes I have ALS.

I also have Lyme disease which is starting to improve. My arm weakness has not. Has anyone been misdiagnosed with ALS that really had cervical spondylosis? I'm going for a CAT scan this week, maybe that will show damage better than an MRI.

First, Im going to tell you to slow down and take a few deep breaths. Really. Just sit, and breath. As deep as you can. Nice and slow.
Ok. Right now- you are going in 14 million directions. This is understandable. I know it is easier said than done, but youve got to have faith in your doctors. And if you don't, then you need to find new ones. This disease is devistating, yes. But if your doctors are telling you this is what it is for sure, then you will need to, in your own time, come to accept this. Not to say you shouldnt question your diagnosis, and have other tests, but you must realize that a lot of diseases are ruled out in order to diagnosed ALS in the first place.
For your own well being, both physically and mentally, youve got to slow down a bit. Take a breather.
And always remember- we are here for you. the people here are just magnificent. beyond words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back