Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
My neck hurts so bad right now, that it is even making my head, ribs, and sternum hurt! Just needed to unload! Thanks, and have a nice day! :-D

Sorry to hear this, Phil. Hope you find relief soon.

Phil, I will pray. Am praying for your neck to release... and set you free from this pain!

Phil - I feel your pain. I woke up with a neck pain myself. Probably not as bad as yours though. I hope yours gets better quick!

Hi Phil, my husband has a bulging disc in his neck, which causes severe spasms. The ALS and weakening muscles contribute to the pain. Check into a neck collar if the pain persists.

Phil - sorry to hear you pain. Praying for relief for you!

my physio is ringing the ALS centre this week to ask how to treat my neck pain (my head is too heavy). seeing him Monday and will let you know
Love
Iris

My wife complains about a pain in her neck as well...Oh well, her fault, she chose to marry me! :)

Jim, I wondered when that comment would come :roll::roll::lol::lol:

IrisMarie, my head is too heavy also. And considering how little is in it, that's quite strange. Barry, any thoughts?

Ann, I know that Glen would have something to say about "airheads" but I would never ever do that :lol::lol:

I haven't had any neck pain but I do have to really struggle to raise my head when I get out of bed and when my wife is driving I have to keep my head on the headrest or I feel like I will get whiplash (she is a good driver, really)

Egghead

Strange that you'd mention raising your head getting out of bed. That was the first inkling... I had to raise the head of the bed in order to lift my head from the pillow, and it's been going on for quite a while. I'm hoping the current "heavy head" is from bad posture in the chair, but I have my doubts. And the whiplash thing, yes--getting off the lift upstairs that was happening, but it's a lot smoother since Phil worked on it and I don't have the whiplash, but it takes very little for that to happen.

My husband hangs his head (he says his brain is soooo heavy! LOL) The clinic suggested the Headmaster neck collar. We haven't gotten it yet. He really needs it in the afternoon and evening, as he is in pain from the weight of his "beautiful brain," as he calls it!

CJ, not only a laugh, but The Name of the kind of neck collar I thought I may need soon. Thanks! Tell DaddyO Thank Y'alls...

Headmaster sounds like something from an English boarding school but here is a link to an interesting article about neck and head support

MANAGING NECK MUSCLE WEAKNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back