Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
It is with great sadness that I have to say this.:-( I am not certain what I feel but I do know that God is in control. Our boys are very sad but are handeling it as well as can be expected, they are growing up so fast. thank you to everyone who has offered to answer my threads as I have posted them.

Rox

Dear Rox, if you know God is in control you're going to get through the initial gut punch of the diagnosis, and you will be fine...meaning you'll adjust and find new ways of experiencing joy. I'm sorry you have this disease, I really am. I pray you will be offered loads of help and will accept it. And, I pray your family will also be given peace and strength to handle it all. You are in my prayers. You know, of course, the forum here will want to help in any way we can. Hugs--
Ann

Hello lavender lady: just visited your thread. Firstly, I'm not going to start by pouring out my sadness, sorrow or sympathy for you! But I am going to offer you understanding, inspiration and direction. Yes, you have been diagnosed with ALS/MND. So what? Are you going to throw in the towel? I don't think so! Search for the power within your self. Look at the abilities that you've got. And they are many. ALS, never takes away the sensor abilities. Example -- see, here, taste, touch or smell. I too was diagnosed with this disease, 34 years ago! I went through hell and back during the first few years. With a wife and six children, under the age of 15, I wallowed in self-pity, why me I shouted! I was angry with God, and with the whole religious concept. And then by some miraculous and divine inspiration -- I was granted the greatest gift passible: "that of acceptance.". Today I'm a lot more disabled, but I am a happy person, willing to accept whatever God sends. I have lost all power in my hands and arms. I write with voice recognition and foot controlled mouse. I have lived to see my grandchildren grow up. I don't want sympathy from anyone. I want you to be proud of your self and remember. There's no indispensable person! Life itself is terminal. Go on now, and smile to the next person that says: "I'm really sorry for you." What could be more destructive to your self esteem, than someone saying to you: "I feel very sorry for you."? Keep well, my friend. Andy.

Rox, I am so sorry. We are all here for you.

Sorry to hear the news Rox. Had hoped it was something else.

AL.

As someone who is at the exact same phase as you, my heart goes out to you. You are correct, it is all in Gods hands know. It is vital that we continue to keep the faith and trust him and remain upbeat and positive! I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Wow! Andy God obviously has a devine plan for your life. Thank you for the beautiful message you sent to me. I love life and I plan to be around for a very long time. Bless you my friend, Rox

I said a prayer for you as well. Rox

Al, me too. darn it anyway. thanks for being here. Rox

Missy and Ann, thank you for being here and willing to share. God bless you both, Rox

That's the spirit, Rox ! Just live for the moment. :) Andy.

Hello Lavender lady, I'm sorry about the report. You will find a lot of help and encouragement in this form, I know I have.
Remember God has the final say.

You and your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Raul

Sorry to hear the diagnosis. We are here for you.

Rox,

Thanks for letting us know. We are here for you! (and I'm glad you are here for us!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back