Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
NE
City
Lincoln
Well, I go next Thursday, Aug 5th, for a overnight stay in the hospital o get a PEG inserted. I'm choking on things multiple times a day, and the gastro doc that is going to do it says the sooner, the better.
I've not been posting much, but I'm going downhill like a greased lighting bolt. I sppose I sould do a general update post in the main discussion area. I'm on here 4-5 times a week however.

Perry

PS: Typing one handed sucks, but my left hand is getting pretty useless.

I am glad you are getting a PEG. Hope it goes as well for you as it did for me!
Have you tried Dasher for your typing difficulties?

Perry, I'm so sorry you're going downhill like this. I hope the PEG goes very smoothly. Very best wishes,
Ann

Perry, thanks for letting us know. I hope you have an easy time with the peg, it sure beats choking! Sorry about the progression, I hope it slows down.

I certainly hope things go better for you than they did for my husband. Make sure they give you and your caregiver VERY DETAILED instructions. Good Luck!

Hey Perry,

Welcome to the 1 armed bandit club. Write now (pun intended) my left hand can help with holding down the shift key.

Good for you and the PEG . Mine went in very quickly, and I did not need to stay overnight. Make sure you get a nurse with big foot warmers.

Glen

well, it's in, I'm home and hurting. thing looks to be the diameter of a pencil. Last thing they did was give me a couple of cc's of morphine. I'm still not thinking clearly.

Perry

Glad it went okay. Have a speedy recovery. Welcome to the PEG club!

Glad it went well Perry. If you have any questions about it we are here.

Perry, Hope your pain is gone quickly. Welcome home!

Perry, just go easy on the food for the first few days or you will get BAD pains.

Nice to hear you are back home. I hope the morphine does the trick for a while!

Happy you are back home. You should start to feel better in a couple of days. Mom felt so much better when she was able to get some good nutrition. She was chocking on everything.

Watch for swelling at the insertion site. It could mean (as it did in my husband's case) that it is too tight. Easy, easy fix - and instant pain relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back