Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
Today we went to our ALS support group meeting and came to a decision. We sold our van because we were not using it enough to warrant the cost of keeping it and since I have lost so muscle it is painful bouncing around in it. We had to use public transportation today and it was a severely uncomfortable experience and I am suffering now. We have come to the decision we will not be doing this again because it takes days to recover from any outing. Thankfully I have this forum because it will be my total life line from now on. I love you guys:p:razz:

We're all here for you Joel!

Joel, I am sorry that you had to make this decision. I know that you have a beautiful home and property which makes not going out easier to live with but it is still hard. Like Kim said, we are here for you. We love you too!

Sorry to hear that Joel. I know what you mean by getting beat up in the van.

AL.

So sorry you are having to give up your outings, Joel, and hope you are feeling better. Take care....

Hey Joel,

I can relate to that. My van rides like a tank.
Its easier to just get around in my chair.
Like 8 minutes to Timmies, 15 minutes to the hospital etc.

Hang tough my friend.
Glen

Sorry Joel,

It seems like every time we take a step foward at my house you take a step backward.

Like every body is pushing the power chair but by the time it comes I can't really see myself using it much. I have a small downstairs and no van. Why did the clinic push this?

Yesterday I found out he vertical lift company recommended by the clinic wants $9,000 for the lift.

Yea I know why Medicare is being ripped off

Joel - I sorry to hear about the difficult decision that you had to make. From what Barry says, you have a beautiful home and property, so that's fortunate. Just know that we are all here for you! We love you! :)

Joel, I can understand your decision. A trip takes so much energy without even being beaten up while bouncing around. I'm glad you're here with us and glad your home is so lovely. I remember the deck pictures and it is beautiful. We love you, Joel.
Ann

Joel,
What a difficult decision to make. I admire your strength and fortitude to make the decision and wish for you and Kim many wonderful sightings from your deck and all if the windows of your hearts.
Peace and prayers.

Joel, being a bit new, in re-reading I find I must be mistaken that Kim is your wife. Please forgive my blunder and subtitute wife for Kim!

Joel,

What can I say? It has to be discouraging to give up more of yourself to ALS. Yes, you have a beautiful home, gorgeous views, so there's that... I agree that this forum is fantastic for letting us socialize without the wear and tear of a physical outing. We love you very much!

Carol,

No need to be embarrassed about Kim. He is a man of many names. Kim really is his name, but his screen name here is Zaphoon, and he's also known as PZ...

ALS just keeps taking big bites out of our quality of life! Sorry to hear Joel. I'm still walking, but it is becoming difficult. I did some work on my truck, and sat on a milk crate a good bit. I don't have much of a butt left, and now it is so sore it hurts to sit down! It takes certain things to happen to us to make us notice the changes!

We are FAMILY! Sorry about the outing..a real disappointment for sure. Thinking of you!

Sorry to hear this, I know the feeling of being beat up on public transportation I spend at least 1 if not 2 days getting over the bumping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back