Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
I knew you would read this full of anticipation. You just keep those thoughts to yourself.

Last Night supper would not go down. We made it mushy with some salsa, still not going down. We even pureed it - not happening. Had to hang a pint of Boost on the IV pole and in through the PEG.

Strawberry is the best flavor so far.

I knew this day would come,just to damn ed soon.

Glen

Glen, I am so sorry. We do know what's creeping up on us, but when it hits, it's a sucker punch. I do hope you get another reprieve... that you were too tired yesterday, but today will be better. I know, it is a weak comment. You are in my thoughts...and my prayers.
Ann

I'm sorry, progression is not easy. Earlier in the day, or after a nap is always better. Try the more challenging foods when you're most rested. Really sounds ridiculous doesn't it, until it makes sense, that is.

Also, just because yesterday was a bad day, does not mean that every day now on out will be.

(((HUGS)))))

ps BethU hated the strawberry. I remember she'd saved them up, pre-PEG, and those were the first ones she used.

Last edited:
At least the PEG is already in place. HUGS Lori

Well I have to say that your thread title had me going for a minute. I thought that this fell under either the category of "too much information" or maybe "Glen has been in that section of the video store".

Sorry that you had to come to this point buddy, boy do I know how you feel! I hope that today was a better day and that you can eat for a while yet cause as much as I love my peg tube it is no substitute for the "flavour hole".

Strawberry Boost, Yummm!

I'm sorry to hear this, Glen but like Rose said, you may have more good days when it comes to eating. I hope you do!

Sending you a great big hug,
Rosella :)

Sending hugs your way!

Your not alone buddy! I haven't eatin by mouth for 10 months now.

so sorry this is happening to you, dear Glen. ALl this is really too much to bear sometimes. But even here you managed to make us laugh in your title.
Love and courage

Boy is this ever a case for getting my husband's peg in place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back