Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
To those who have the pleasure of wearing nappies about to come, i should like to reassure you. I am proud to announce that I have broken my adult nappy wearing virginity! Yes, I peed into a nappy. And the Relief! In every sense. I do not feel demeaned or silly or anything. So if you are hesitating but panicking when the need to"go" arrives, go for it. Lately I have failed a few times to reach the bathroom in time and all the transferring just did not speed things along, and changing pyjamas and trying to clean up is so very exhausting so on the very good advice of darling Ann, I went for it. The pharmacy gave me a few free samples so I could see which suited best as the choice is staggering and it is OK

And Barry says he still loves me even in nappies so what more could a girl want.

Anyway, the point of this is to assure people who might be hesitating as I did for too long, that it is GOOD.

I thought I'd proceed on to the next question I asked when the diaper wearing became my "lot". What do you wear over a diaper when you cannot transfer/stand at all? I read about others having slacks made with a back flap... but as I don't want more work for my support team (all volunteer), I chose to wear a lap robe while inside the house. It simply covers me between trips in the hoist and sling... except of course, when it slopes off to one side or the other and gets caught in my chair's wheels. I've been stripped of it several times... and therefore limit who I'm willing to visit.

For going out I have slit a couple of skirts up the center back. I leave the elastic waist intact, and in theory, the cut fabric is zig-zagged. So far, only one has been sewn. These skirts are pulled over my head and the opened back has the sides tucked under me in the chair. Totally inconspicuous. Just use lightweight fabric for skirt choices, as it is easier to bunch up out of the way in a sling.

For the men, wear kilts. (not original: someone else made that suggestion, but you guys have other options than diapers...)

The lack of purpose made clothes is staggering. There is a fortune to be made for someone out there. I have made some designs but .....

How about those snuggies you see advertised on TV? (the blankets with sleeves) Probably not good for summer, of course.

Lol Brooksea, I used to be all kinds of sexy and now I'm picturing myself in diapers and a snuggie. :-(

Seriously though, maybe I should consider diapers for while my hubby is out of commission?

They come in zebra stripe and can be customized at snuggiehumor dot com! Zebra can be sexy! Add some gold jewelry, maybe Jackie-O sunnglasses and there ya go!

I hope you will have some help while you husband recovers!

CJ, the diapers should come in zebra stripe! Tajmom, I think diapers would be very useful while your husband is recouping. Don't forget baby wipes, and get diapers that are heavy duty. If you use booster pads, they'll likely be very uncomfortable to sit on. These are hard lessons to learn. Ok, my last tip is "Calmoseptine" in a jar from Amazon. If you don't need it for skin breakdown it works great on insect bites. The jar is simply easier than the tube when your hands begin losing strength.

So for sunbathing, we have zebra striped something, tank top, Jackie-O sunglasses, and the chaise-longue (wheelchair fully tilted and reclined with legs elevated, which trust me, feels great). Should we go on lecture tours? IrisMarie, you take Europe!8)8):lol:

Oh wondering if I should start decorating my diapers now? Need to be prepared ahead of time .right? Lov you guys! Linda

Linda, be sure and make smilies on the sides. The sides are most likely what is exposed accidentally. Oh, and best not to tuck your shirt in!:roll:

Oh thanks for your advice...I will take note...lol

OK, I'm clueless...what are booster pads?

this isnt really funny iris but i have to be honest you all crack me up got me laughing love ya all

JeffP, glad you found the humour in the (maybe) solutions to problems!

ALS needs humour!

Last edited:
CJ, the "u" goes in all of those words like humour, colour, odour, flavour etc. And then there is Zed not Zee.

Last edited:
LOve THE reminder about not tucking in ones shirt:)
Babies look cute, why shouldnt we?
OK HOW I SHOULD LOVE to be able to tour Europe lecturing on nappy wear for adults. Might just touch on ALS too. This calls for a photo shoot for those who dare...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back