Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Fairfax
Looks like my husband and caregiver is going to need to have his appendix out. He will be out of commission (i.e. unable to help me with transfers) for a week or so. We will most likely have to hire a home health aide temporarily. Any suggestions of what to look for/ask/etc? I need help with just about everything. Thanks!

Hi TAJ Is he having laproscopic? I had it done 6 wks ago, and my recovery was fast. I told them my husband has ALS, and I needed to get out ASAP, and was there less than 24 hrs. I do not need to help Les with transfers, but was cooking and cleaning the next day. HUGS Lori PM me if your husband needs details of the surgery!

Thx Lori, yes he is having laproscopic. I keep reminding him that I had three c-sections so I don't want to hear any whining from him! :) Reassuring to hear your recovery was quick! Jen

Jen, I was tempted to take the "Pity me" approach, and take a break, but it just was not necessary for me, Our kids pitched in, and after 48 hrs I was back to normal. Everyone is different however! HUGS Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back