Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Can y'all tell me what settings you use for your cough assist machines and why? We seem to be having a bit of a problem getting results and my husband feels the settings are off.

Being that it's Friday, I'll have to wait til Monday to contact any "professionals" about this, so thought I'd ask those that really are in the know!

ours is: ON left side AUTO, INHALE 2, EXHALE 3,PAUSE 1.5 on the right Inhale pressure 4th mark, inhale flow the 3 squiggly arrows and in the middle PRESSURE the 4th mark. Our tech wrote it on a post em and I keep it on the cough assist. If you can not understand this, give me a call! HUGS Lori

Thanks Lori! Writing that down. Maybe in moving stuff the knobs got turned, I dunno. Going to look at the machine now.

Got it! Thank you! Will try it out!

Last edited:
The knobs turn real easy, tape the settings to top of the machine. HUGS Lori

The settings for my machine are similar to the ones Lori gave except that we adjusted the INHALE time to be at least as long as the EXHALE time. It's a pretty miserable feeling when all the air is gone from your lungs and the machine is still sucking. Inhale = Exhale works well for me. and they are each set to 2.5 on my machine -- I like the big lung expansion.

Hi all my OT is looking at showing me a cough assist machine she also suggested a Nebuliser ... i only have problems clearing the phlegm at the top of my throat its so frustrating when it keeps going up and down ... any suggestions appreciated greatly ... :) karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back