05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
hello, Barry!

Right, my lady friends, the muscles that for so long held my boobs so firm and erect ;-) have dissolved into outer space and now there is no room on my lap for a tray so I am looking for bras.
I need of course front opening/closing cos my arms no longer can reach behind but am having terrible trouble trying to find one that does not cost the earth in spite of spending hours on the net.
Has anyone here tracked down sexy, comfortable, cheap, front opening bra?
I should be glad of a link, please, please
THank you and love to all

What bra? Ha, I'm not kidding.

I had a fall down my own stairs once and tore the muscles in my left arm. I bought a bra made by WonderBra that closed in front. It was not too slinky, but made me feel loved. It is a product in their Firm Support line. Search clues might be to start looking for Firm Support. I like the structure of those bras anyway because they hold you up perky for a little longer than the med. or light support products. I'll search Victoria's Secret closet today to see if there may be something a little prettier.....

Yeppers! has quite a selection. Once you go to the website then pick bras in top left then scroll down to search by style. They list front closure and then you choose the style. Many, many, many to choose from. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear sports bra's and tank top with the bra built in. I don't worry much about clevage, all about comfort. LOL

Hope you find a boulder holder that is perfect for you. lol
Judy

Spanx are super comfortable.

Iris, bless you.... I have been wondering the same thing.

My arms are no longer working due to this dang disease so I am unable to hook the bra. I tried a front closing bra thinking it might be easier a few months ago but found I didn't have the strength to bring the ends together to hook it. I have been looking for something with Velcro but so far no luck! So I either go braless (which was a real adjustment for me) or have to have my partner or my housekeeper "hook me up". I haven't tried the sports bras because I can't get my arms over my head to put them on.............

Diane

I too need help to get them on and off but as a "full figured gal" I just can't stand to go without.

THank you for the ideas, girls. Off to visit Spanx and Wonderbra. Trouble is, the sites do not arrange them by front or back fastening.
Ann, I have rarely worn a bra for years - HATE them, but I feel like a blob of jelly all congealed at the bottom of my wheelchair: Ones posture in a wheelchair is far from flattering, isnt it!

I am CALS, but also have had Psoriatic Arthritis since 2001. When my meds aren't working I wear a front closure bra for arthritics. It's called Eezee Arthritic bra. They have different styles, but I only have one. The placket is very large where the fasteners are. Also it is available from Amazon as well as medical supply sites. I don't know if it will help for the ALS weakness, but it worked when I had to wash out of all meds and couldn't make anything else work. Just what I know. Mary

Mary, since posting earlier, I've remembered that going to ALS clinic will require (big sigh) a bra. My arms don't want to raise over my shoulders (weakness, not pain) and fingers are going down the drain.... sort of like the rest of my anatomy. So, with my Uggs, my diaper drape and T, I add a denim shirt and don't answer the door, lol... but keep the AC on. Thank you for your post, and Amazon is one of my dearest friends. Iris Marie, do you get Amazon delivered in France?

still looking for sexy as well as supportive? Victorias Secret, they have a website and mail order delivery. Find Bras in the top left then from there select by style and in that group they have front closures. Really pretty, some with only one or two hooks to have to work with.

Ladies, I share your pain. With increasing loss of strength and dexterity in my fingers, my former skill at a swift one-handed unhooking a bra is gone. It's front hooking only for me now and it takes two hands at that. I'd concur with Tom's Support in endorsing bras from Victoria's Secret. They rock and are easy to undo. I've never actually tried doing one up though. What's the point?

John

John, thank you for that...:rolleyes:

Good way to hide the peg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back