Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
dentist took X ray , said it was too swollen to treat, afraid I might get septicaemia and was afraid cos of the ALS.
So MORE antibiotics (third lot) and painkillers and to call him as soon as it goes down enough for him to get it out without it splatting everywhere.......
Thank you for all your good wishes
Life is never dull - well, sometimes
Loads of love to all except the person who is censoring my words elsewhere on this forum
Onlt a tiny bit of love to him ............

But did he DRAIN IT?

No he said it was too swollen to open it

this makes no sense to me

definately not! He should of drained it!

hi irismarie.
sorry to hear you have still not solved the abscess.
dont know what the dentist is talking about,you have more chance of septiceamia with it left as is it.
also any infection can increase symptoms in mnd,they told me that at the clinic.
i am sure a fine needled shringe would work,if it does not go down in the next day or so please go back.
also repeated courses of antibiotics can cause more harm than good,the infection can become resistant and the immune system weaker increasing infection............round and round and round in circles.

honestly irismarie,from someone who has a major major major dentist phobia(they have to knock me out to do anything)i really feel for you.
hope it gets better over the next 24hrs.
keeping you in my thoughts

I certainly feel rather strange and my hands much weaker - putting it down to too many antibiotics and tiredness. Will give it two days then to the hospital

Iris Marie, I am no dentist but I don't think you should wait 2-days -- go to hospital ER before you get weaker. Did you ask the nice doctor yesterday about the tooth or just the dentist? Hurting with you - Diane

Iris, I know u r real tired today...but if u don't see any improvement real soon, please go to the emergency at hospital. The stress alone is not good for u let alone this infection... If u feel up to it ? Go Now.....if I was there I would bundle u up right away and take u now.....this dentist is not on top of things. I would not trust this man.... Big hugs, Linda

Irismarie, PLEASE go to the Emergency Department and have them help you. That Dentist is full of s&*t! PLEASE! love you
We need to send "V" over there and personally knock every tooth out of that Dentist's mouth!

I put in a message to LaurieS - I know you have talked to her before Iris Marie. I remembered her because she is an actual dentist. She was just on the forum yesterday. Hopefully, she can give some much needed incite to this not so minor problem. I hope we hear A) that your infection is much better now or B) you actually went to the hospital to get it taken care of or C) LaurieS will come on here and give you her 2 cents.
With all the antibiotics hun, another friendly reminder about eating the yogurt! Keep us posted!
~Hugs, Kari

Iris Marie my dear love...how's the abscess!?

Hi Everybody--

Irismarie- forgive me for answering for you... She's doing better and she did finally get it drained. I know that her dentist waited because the pus needed to localize to one spot. Forgive me for being graphic, but it's like a pimple that has to come to a head. The antibiotics were taking the swelling down very slowly-- that's because antibiotics work from the bloodstream to try to clear up a localized infection-- it often takes time. So long as things are improving, then it's a waiting game.

I certainly agree with everybody-- this Dr wasn't getting this lovely lady in quick enough! I told Irismarie that he's lucky I don't know French!

Kari-- thanks again for messaging me.

XOXO,
Laurie

Hi Everybody--

Irismarie- forgive me for answering for you... She's doing better and she did finally get it drained. I know that her dentist waited because the pus needed to localize to one spot. Forgive me for being graphic, but it's like a pimple that has to come to a head. The antibiotics were taking the swelling down very slowly-- that's because antibiotics work from the bloodstream to try to clear up a localized infection-- it often takes time. So long as things are improving, then it's a waiting game.

I certainly agree with everybody-- this Dr wasn't getting this lovely lady in quick enough! I told Irismarie that he's lucky I don't know French!

Kari-- thanks again for messaging me.

XOXO,
Laurie

thank you for the update and the information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back