Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Wonderful doctor, in fact. She was FURIOUS at the other doctors i have had and was fuming about the treatment I have had to anyone who would listen.

Had the most complete and horrible EMG - the last guy who told me I could walk again if only I did enough exercises -he was a neurologist!) - only did a few spots. This was dozens all over legs, arms, back and throat fo the tongue.
No doubt, of course. So now it is official. She says it is not typical but a strain that manifests itself in spasticity (say that when you have had a few drinks) and rigidity. Anyway. She has marked everything that happens now as URGENT.
Going to Montauban for respiration tests, got script for limb reeducation and rilutek, going to spend a whole day at the ALS centre in Toulouse so I can see all the help there is to be had and get to understand more. ALSO organising the 100% aid that I have been refused for so long. Already asked if I want to be resuscitated etc etc and knows how I feel about all that an promised they never let anyone die a horrible death.
And she gave me the phone number of the manager of the ALS centre I can ring at ANY time for help
So a good day though v v v tiring. Left home at 1 pm and got home at 8 pm.
Ah well, tis done.
Now today for the dentist..............;;
Much much much love to you all, my darling friends

Big HUGS to you! Lori

Absolutely marvelous darling! Good luck with the tooth doctor!

Oh, there you are. I was trying to see what happened today and now I can go to sleep...... Let's hope that the dentist can be helpful? Hugs ,L

Barry, do NOT tell Beth, but my heart skipped a beat when you called me darling. REALLY :)

IrisMarie,

Good for you to get a great doctor! As is everyone, I'm doing a happy dance as I read your words. You did indeed get the full work up and I'm expecting you to feel quite tired today, so am hoping the dentist will take care of the tooth....after which you can relax.

IrisMarie
GREAT NEW! So happy for you. Good luck at the dentist.

The Monkey's and I are HOWLING with happiness and doing our own little version of a celebration dance! xo

AT LAST! Good for you my dear!

It is so good to know you are in good hands. I forgot the time change and figured when there was no post before I went to bed last night that you were either exhausted or they kept you! Now here is hoping that the dentist is equally good to you today! You are a true inspiration. You deserve nothing but good people around you. Sending good thoughts and caring hugs to envelope you. Diane

I am so happy you finally found a good doctor! That is MARVELOUS!

This is terrific! Finally you have a good doctor! Now hopefully you will get all the help you need and deserve. Now if only we could get your tooth fixed!

THANK YOU for all the goodwill. It does feel better now there is someone to turn to;4Love to you all

I am so happy to hear this! They are out there (good doctors), but they shouldn't be so hard to find. Much love,

and they shouldnt be two hours drive away:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back