02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello everyone,

Well Beth and I survived the in-law's visit and no chainsaws were started! Beth drove 3300 km (2,050 miles) in 6 days between driving to Victoria to move Andrew home for the summer, pick up the her mom and step-dad at the airport and then to my clinic, totally crazy! Keith (step-dad) asked me if he could do anything for me while they were here but as he is 87 I decided that it was in everyone's best interests for him to not be cutting down or cutting up any trees.

Went to the clinic yesterday and saw all the people there. My breathing is down to 65% from 76% in January so they are talking Bipap. I have to go for a sleep study in the next few weeks and then take the thing home. Apparently it has a memory chip so that after I use it for a while I send the chip to her and she can make some adjustments and mail it back to me. We will see how that works.

Other than that, got a new prescription for glycopyrrolate to reduce the drooling and other than that much the same.

Barry, I've been thinking about you as you had the in-law visit. Yep, 87 is getting up there in age. My dad's turning 85 this summer. Like you, I don't want him using a chain saw or climbing ladders. Whew. 2,050 miles.... is a very long drive. You're probably really glad to have Andrew home, is what I'm thinking.

I am sorry your breathing is "on the move". I hope the sleep study and process go smoothly and you get the Bipap set up exactly right. And, dear bulbarian, I also hope the clinic isn't a bummer for you. These reality checks can be tough. Sometimes "Denial" is my preferred residence.

Barry,
Sorry your breathing has went down. Expect to be in the same situation myself next month. I wanted to tell you that we have the iPad I love it. We are an apple family, techno geeks all the way. My son and husband spend way to much money on this stuff. I wanted to let you know I like it. I am just so sad for Glenn and Wanda, want to hit the lottery to help pals and cals...

glad the inlaw visit went well.
Wow I admire Beth for doing that drive!
so sorry about the damned breathing. Thank heaven the bipap is going to be there to help you.
Love love love

Barry-

As far as Beth- I'm thinking it's time to send flowers or a bottle of wine (or whatever her beverage of choice!) OR both! What a woman!

As for the other stuff- s***, I'll open a bottle of wine & drink it for you!:lol:

Marianne, where would I be without your suggestions and reminders? I am off to the store to get a prescription filled and get some flowers. She has a difficult business meeting this afternoon so she will probably appreciate them and the wine is already in the fridge. :smile::smile:

You "bake" the cakes - I offer the suggestions! (somehow, I think I have the easier task!) Good luck- I hope you get lucky tonight! (that is your intention, isn't it?:shock:)

Barry,
You are a gem among men to remember to love on your wife with those small touches! Your wife is a warrior! Glad the in-laws visit went well and that your son is home for the summer. (My daughters will be home in about 3 weeks! yah!)

Sorry to hear about the changes in your breathing... and the reality slam from the docs making you think about the future...:evil:

Peace,

Barry, What did you find out about your tube? HUGS Lori

They were going to replace my tube yesterday but because it was put in at a different hospital by a different doctor they wouldn't do it. :-x:-x Hospital politics, the A-holes!

So now I have to go back, probably the same trip as for the sleep/bipap study.

Anyway, the nurse told me that it was just yank the old one out and pop in the new button kind and they would give me a spare to take home just in case. Whatever, I will try anything once.

Just make sure you have the CHANCE to try it twice, though!As you say, A**holes in a big way!
I love the flowers suggestion. I must be turning into a man. Idid not think of that myself either

so sorry barry ... someone on another form said asea brought her breathing rate from 42 to 49 so i have been waiting to see if anyone else mentions this and if it really helped them but , no one else has mention it i dont know if you want to try it or not but , i thought i would mention it ... best oif luck
ruthie

Barry, damn and double damn! It all stinks and is so frustrating and overwhelming... Beth is truly a TAWANDA WOMAN! I know that having Andrew home will make the summer fabulous for all of you. What is his major? Thank God you didn't have any CHAIN SAW stories! lolol My Daddy is soon to be 85, lives alone on the Farm and was cutting down trees with the chain saw yesterday. YIKES! He cam in for lunch and casually mentioned his morning job. What to do?!

Are you getting a button? Web loved the idea of it and I am so sad that they mucked all of that up so badly. Just make certain that they flush it with a couple of 60cc of water before you leave to make certain that it is all the way in your stomach instead of in your muscle! I finally got a copy of the medical records and that is exactly where Web's was-in his abdominal wall! The truly sad thing is that if I had not been a Nurse it may not have even been noticed until it was way too late.

Did Beth just love the flowers and the wine?! wink wink You are a man among men! hugs to you and Beth

Hi Barry- I made me laugh- I love your sense of humour. When my husband's grandfather was 90 and he still insisted on being the forman of the log splitter on our annual fire wood day in the spring.
How do they check your oxyen levels, with a oxygen compassity test, when you blow into a tube? That's interesting how they can readjust it. I've asked my gp for another Swallowing Video Test before my next clinic day. It's been a year and trying to clear the mucous is driving me crazy- just can't do it. Anyways life goes on doesn't it. Am planning on painting this weekend. Can barely write with a pen but can still use my paint brushes. Maybe as I use my hand function I'll do abstract paintings instead of realism. Take care- Karin :-D

Barry,

I've been wondering how your clinic visit went. What did they say about your cough, or was it cleared up by time you got there? Clinic days are exhausting for all who participate. Beth deserves a medal (or a pedicure, massage, a nice something to drink & CHOCOLATE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back